Plain Jane'rs - Increased Appreciation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a Snow White SL1 so bad!!!!!!!

I like a few graphics but I've wanted the SW SL1 for years. I just can't seem to find one used when I have the money, not to mention it seems like they always go for a little more than other "plain" SL1s....

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
      I am an absolute SUCKER for a snow white with matching headstock.

I dont care if its a Hondo.....
      remember this one?

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
        I like plain colored guitars and to expand on that plain shaped guitars, maybe because I think a guitar should be kind of like a blank canvas, and not inspire too much emotion with it's looks:

Extreme examples:

Also, for example a Paul Reed Smith quintuple AAAAA flamed maple top inspires me to break out the Silver tea service and serve tea on that piece of...uh unparralled craftsmanship.
        Less IS more. I like gfx on the axes, but I can't stand those over decorated guitars with abalone and quilts and whatnot. Pretty - in a way, but more like hang on a wall pretty. I had a PC3 and while a nice guitar the finish (while not at all that fluffy) I just had to get rid of it... Solids, simple things like contrasting bevels or nice gfx which can be seen on a distance... killer.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          remember this one?

Hell yeah Mark, sure I do!

Still have her?

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Graphics, day glo, and flamey woods are cool, but there's also something special about a straight ahead no frills look - no pretentions - just a purposefull machine ready to rip. Teles have that same vibe too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
              Hell yeah Mark, sure I do!

Still have her?

Shawn
              sure do!!! here is a pic of me using it onstage recently.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X