No announcement yet.

Neck pockets on new Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know if the 25th anniversary guitars have the same size necks as what's charvel is now making?

The Ann necks evolved over the series so thats a tough one to say but I'd say probably not.
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_C View Post
      I had mail today from Joe at the Music Zoo.

He said:

"I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the guitar. The reason the neck fits
      like that is because it is a PC1 neck (as explained on the website) and I
      guess they never really got it perfect. "

Does anybody know if the 25th anniversary guitars have the same size necks as what's charvel is now making?

I could test that theory pretty easily.
      what a bunch of bullshit.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        what a bunch of bullshit.
        +1
        -Rick

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. It's not like they're using a real PC1 neck, they're still using a charvel neck blank right? Then, they load the CNC code for the PC1 profile (I'm guessing here that these necks are machine cut, then hand sanded). Unless the CNC code for the PC1 neck wasn't really modified right for the charvel blank, which is a stretch.

I don't have another charvel besides the anniversary to test this with though. Anybody in the phoenix area have a new charvel usa neck handy?

Comment

That's absolutely, positively a regular Charvel neck, just with a PC1 backshape. It should have zero bearing on the heel or fit with the pocket. The dealer is making stuff up because, unfortunately, that's what some of them do in these situations. Someone here recently bought a B/Y EVH and found out that it had been a R/W/B that had just been sprayed over. When he complained, the dealer came back with the BS story that they were all like that because that's what Eddie had done originally. Complete BS to try to save the sale.

Comment

+1....bazillion!!Utter BS!!

Comment

AFAIK the Custom shop necks are still pin routed by the masterbuilders and not cnc'd

Lemme validate what I was saying in my last post ..when I said they were different it was the back shape not the butt width. The standard butt should apply on the PC as does the Charvel. The only difference I could imagine would be the transition from the backshape to the platform/pocket flat for the heel ...
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                  AFAIK the Custom shop necks are still pin routed by the masterbuilders and not cnc'd
                  Yeah, well, GB must be more of a "trainee" than an actual "master builder."

Does Charvel USA read this forum? Hey guys, I love my HRF, this isn't about Charvel bashing. It's about concern over quality control.

Is the taper supposed to extend all the way to the last fret? That would mean the pocket should be tapered too, right? Do you setup a different "pocket routing template jig" for the different necks that will be joined to the body? Did somebody use the wrong jig here? A few people here have suggested they oversanded it... but it doesn't appear that way when I look inside it..

Maybe you could clue us in to the construction process, or at least let us all know that you understand why it happened, and we won't see it again on your beautiful guitars.

Comment

Yes JCMI reads the forum ..

G.B wouldn't be the person who cut the neck but the person who did the assembly I believe

Comment

Looks about like the pocket on mine. That's about all I can say as it's a true statement.

The Buzzard does not fear
                      The man in riot gear
                      Harvest a skull of stone
                      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
                      X