Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Strathead - oiled and flamed swamp ash!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Strathead - oiled and flamed swamp ash!!!

I've been waiting months for my order on this one, and I just got word that it's on it's way in the mail at last! I was particularly excited to hear that it weighs in at 7.0 lbs and is a nice flamed Swamp Ash. I should see it late next week. I'll report back with a review. If it plays anything like the 7.2 lb oiled Mahogany one I just got last week, that would be sweet....

Congrats, that looks fantastic. Nice grain on it. And yeah, Ash better be light, or else it's the most tonally dead wood you can find. The best Swamp Ash sits under water and the pores open up, making it lighter.

Comment

Very nice...congrats.
      Yes, we'll all be expecting full review.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Congrats. Swamp ash kicks @ss for tone.

So what are you going to paint her? j/k

Comment

Thanks. One of my favorite guitars (tone-wise) was an ESP endorsement guitar that I had 10 years back. It was almost identical to the Charvel, in that it was one-piece light oiled Swamp Ash, strathead, maple board -- but had black Floyd, and a soloist cut body. I had a JB trembucker in it and later added a JB Jr. in the neck. It sounded great. Sweet tone out this setup. But I grew tired of the soloist cut and black hardware (and was going into a vintage strat phase) and ebayed the ESP for a small fortune! Years later, I regretted selling it. But was very happy to be able to get this Charvel now the way I always wanted this guitar in the first place. I hope that the swamp ash tone that I remember is still there.

Comment

Looks great!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Great guitar! I love the Charvel Stratheads.

Comment

That is a beautiful guitar. What pickup did you put in there, another JB?

Comment

Originally posted by ACF View Post
                  That is a beautiful guitar. What pickup did you put in there, another JB?
                  It's got the Custom 5 like the Mahogany one. I like that pickup - not too hot, and cleans up nicely.

Comment

oh that's nice - i really like that natural finish

Comment

What a cool, unique axe.

Comment

nice one!!

Comment

Here's a close up of the body:

Comment

nice looking guitar, the Koa ones are also shipping.
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

It`s a beauty , I really dig the plain jane hot rod look

Comment

Working...
                              X