Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Strathead - oiled and flamed swamp ash!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently discovered the custom 5 and iti is my new favorite pickup. It is probably a perfect fit for that guitar. Awesome.
    www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Great guitar

The custom 5 is in a few of mine now. It is in many ways similar to the 78evh. It has theat clarity when driven that a JB and others do not have. Less pick noise.
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Yes guys...I couldn't agree more. I discovered the Custom 5 like a year & a half ago when checking out the first of the new Charvel pointies.
        Now I don't really want to use any other pickup. Its got everything I need...love the fatter low end...& yep the clarity when overdriven is great. It also sounds & feels similar the the 78/EVH to me..but without the mushiness.
        Originally posted by 83SanDimas View Post
        The custom 5 is in a few of mine now. It is in many ways similar to the 78evh. It has theat clarity when driven that a JB and others do not have. Less pick noise.

Comment

Nice one! A tone machine for sure!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That looks fantastic! I'm a great fan of the "natural" series, although I did have to go through 4 of them so far to find a keeper, but this swamp ash one just seems a screamer!

I really hoped for a 2-hum version, but unfortunately all the 1st batch are 1H, both the koa and swamp ash...

Please post a full review soon!

Comment

That looks amazing - I really like these natural finish stratheads that are coming out.

cmb

Comment

congrats - that looks great!
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

beautiful, like the weight as well

Comment

Schweet!

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                    .... And yeah, Ash better be light, or else it's the most tonally dead wood you can find...
                    Tell that to my Charvel strathead, please

Every piece of wood is different, and there are tonally great ones on all sides of the weight spectrum

Comment

That is absolutely awesome! Looks great as is, but I'll bet it would look killer with gold hardware too. Congrats on a great piece!

Comment

That guitar looks great! Looking forward to a comparison between your mahagony and the ash.

Comment

Awsome I love it natural man!! I love the Custom 5 also. Jack.

Comment

That is very nice, but I'm not sure I'd use a Custom 5 in swamp ash. Too much of a mid scoop in that pup.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X