my first usa charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first usa charvel

scored this on fleabay the other day for a bargain price of £295 ($585) brand new with the case!!!

whats the tuning stability like with a pointy and a vintage trem? and would it be worth throwing a kahler on it??
    yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

[quote=cookiemonster;828823]scored this on fleabay the other day for a bargain price of £295 ($585) quote]

Luckyass sunuvabeehive
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Two Hundred and Ninety-Five Quid??
      You complete and utter bastage!
      That is a hell of a score

Comment

you are fucking kidding, right? That price is insane!

Congrats

Is that a genuine Charvel duvet thrown in to the deal too?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

awesome guitar!!

Comment

Nice guitar scouser!

Comment

Congrats, great looking axe and a major bargain.

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
              whats the tuning stability like with a pointy and a vintage trem? and would it be worth throwing a kahler on it??
              To be blunt, the tuning stability will pretty much suck. Screw it tight to the body, and treat it like a hardtail. Just MHO.

As to a Kahler?

Comment

nice score - great price!
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

excellent grab and a very good price. As Shreddermon said tuning stability however won't be that great if you use the trem much.
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Regarding tuning stability, the secret with v-trems on pointies is to get the nut to not bind. I've filed the nut groves a bit and have a routine on tuning up a guitar (tune, stretch strings, dive bomb until you hear a "ping", adjust tuning, repeat until stable->no "ping", then good to go). That said, I've been playing v-trems for 25 years and kind of learned what one can do and can't do in using them while staying in tune. If you're use to a floyd, you might give up. But if you stick with it you can get it to work fine. And after you get it, you might find you prefer v-trems.

BTW, outstanding score!

Comment

talking of the nut what are they made of on these guitars?? graphite, plastic?

i'm also a bit of a bugger for big string bends in my solo's, so would the angle of the sting slots in the nut be a problem (as the string travel is not in a straight line like on a strat or a prs)?
                      yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
                        talking of the nut what are they made of on these guitars?? graphite, plastic?

i'm also a bit of a bugger for big string bends in my solo's, so would the angle of the sting slots in the nut be a problem (as the string travel is not in a straight line like on a strat or a prs)?
                        The nut is graphite. I have no problems at all with agressive string bends taking the guitar out of tune. For me it's the trem dives that I had to get to work.

Comment

What an awesome guitar and an unbelievable price!!!
                          The Star's are excellent............welcome to the club!!

Steve

Comment

Sweet guitar, bro! Congrats on a nice score.

Comment

That is really cool on the price side. For that money, you could have it floyded and it would still be a bargain!
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X