Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1 or San Dimas

Hi folks,

very new to the Charvel world so forgive me if I ask questions that any loyal Charvel fan should know instantly. I bought a second hand Charvel recently and love it, most beautiful neck I have ever played. The techs at Soundworks think it is a Model 1. It has a single seymour duncan pick up, one volume knob. The neck plate has a PO box and Fort Worth Texas on it, with the charvel logo. Serial number is 241398. The guys at fender said it could be a San Dimas based on the picture I sent them. Is there one easy way to tell as I have seen pics of San Dimas' that look just like mine. But so does the Model 1. Mine's black.

Any help with identification greatly appreciated.

p.s. how do I post pics?

Try photobucket or some other pic hosting site. There are many sections here you should read before posting including how to post pics!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence310859 View Post
      "The neck plate has a PO box and Fort Worth Texas on it, with the charvel logo. Serial number is 241398"
      Import Model Series....made in Japan!!

"The guys at fender said it could be a San Dimas based on the picture I sent them"
      .... !!

Comment

Yep... Import Model series.
        The "guys at Fender" crack me up sometimes.
        -Rick

Comment

LMFAO! At least they meet expectation is all respects.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

lawrence310859,

San Dimas Charvels will say "San Dimas" on the neckplate and will have a 4 digit serial number. Here's an example:

Any that say "Fort Worth, TX" are actually made in Japan.

A good website for identifying San Dimas Charvels is at

Comment

Would you like to buy another San DImas/ Model Series model1?..lmao

Comment

Welcome to the board. I just got my Model 1 today. And I'll bet those guys it's just as good as an SD. 2XXXXX number and a maple board. They are just snobs.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
                  lawrence310859,

San Dimas Charvels will say "San Dimas" on the neckplate and will have a 4 digit serial number. Here's an example:

Any that say "Fort Worth, TX" are actually made in Japan.

A good website for identifying San Dimas Charvels is at
                  http://www.sandimascharvel.com/id-serialized.htm#
                  Pictures are very important to idenify what you might have lawrence310859 - my bet would be - Yes Japan made like BLOOD SPLATTER stated.
                  Vondran you are not 100% correct - There were 5-digit plates, blank brass and remember the san dimas plates were also known to bend and break so replacement of the plate is not unheard of. You really need to do some ground work to see what it is - I know of a Model 1 getting San Dimas plate and selling for the real deal - Careful and do you checking. I myself like the PrePro's with brass plates - Heck I even bought a San Dimas Charvel Tele with a old Fender Plate on it off of the bay once.
                  The plate is not the guitar- it just holds it together.
                  Rob Lane did a lot of comparions years ago - I keep it on the web.

Comment

need pics of the guitar. The neck plate might have been swapped.

Comment

Working...
                    X