Just arrived: Charvel MAH single + hum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just arrived: Charvel MAH single + hum

1st of the new Music Zoo Mahogany run (10 pcs I think) with 1 single/1 hum. Plays great right out of the case! Neck feels awesome, has the 'rolled edges' for that broken in feel.

Very nice! Always wanted one. Lord give me the strength of resistance.
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

They're great aren't they?
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

it doesn't suck!!
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

H/S....Man thats tempting....

Congrats!
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Nice... love everything about it!
            -Rick

Comment

Congrats! That is one smokin' looking axe! How's she sound?

Comment

Very nice. Good grain on that. Congrats.

Comment

That is just about perfect. What pickups?

cmb

Comment

Yeah, what are the pickups?
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Looks like a Custom 5 and a Cool Rails. Those are the standard PUs for H-S layouts on the new Charvels. I'm guessing that's what the dealer went with for the run. ...Correct?

Comment

Nice one! Very natural
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Wow, this one looks very nice!

I've got a Custom Strat made of Honduras Mahogany (50 years old, air-dried) for the body and flamed maple for the neck. The combo is really great!

Here's a video of it:
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's got Seymour Duncan Distortion (bridge) and '59 (neck) pickups with a Schaller piezo bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            Looks like a Custom 5 and a Cool Rails. Those are the standard PUs for H-S layouts on the new Charvels. I'm guessing that's what the dealer went with for the run. ...Correct?
                            Yes you are correct! Custom 5 (TB-14) as used in the 1 hum Music Zoo runs, plus the SCR-1 Cool Rails. I have TMZ 012 from Predator1 which is the 1 hum Mahogany, and this sounds just like that in the bridge position. I prefer a true single coil in the neck, so I coil tapped the white/red wires on the cool rails to ground. Very nice lower output clean sound that way.

The neck measures .754" thick at 3rd fret (012 is .764") and .824" at 12th (TMZ012 is .842") and has a slight "D" shape to it (TMZ012 is more "C" shape). Both guitars are 1.802" wide at 3rd fret, 2.075" wide at the 12th fret, and have nuts that are 1-11/16" wide. The feel of the neck is great, the smoothness and rolled edges give that 'worn-in' comfortable feel. Fretwork and fret ends are immaculate. Nice low action. It's hard to describe, but it feels like an 'old friend' you've been playing for years. Not too many new guitars I've bought feel like that out of the box.

This Music Zoo run is for 10 pcs, all Mahogany, and are the only runs from TMZ with the 'single' in the neck. I got the 1st one, they have more at the store. Call Joe at 718-631-9292 for details.

Comment

looks nice
                              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
                              X