EVH "Frankie" Replica to be at NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH "Frankie" Replica to be at NAMM

It would appear so, given this image cribbed from the Guitar World website. Cool to see that they're finally making it. Not sure if it is logo'd as a Charvel or not, though.

BTW, dayum, did Eddie have a surgical face lift or what? That looks like Alex from 20 years ago.

Jees I guess Val really did take the shirt off his back.you'd think Fender could give him a couple of tee's.

Comment

It's about time.

When I got my Dweezil Charvel, on the photo cd in the background of some of the pics. These guitars were clearly visible. I'm assuming they were prototypes.

So are they still only gonna make 100? What do you guys think these will be priced at. If they are Fender CS replicas, I would bet they will start out around at least 10K, using the SRV as an example.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Given that they just released the Clapton "Blackie" replicas, I'm thinking they won't be branded as a Fender. Charvel or a new "EVH" brand, I'm guessing. And I'm sure they'll be pricey.

Comment

Be prepared to PAY out the arse.

He does look refreshed. Kind of a Katherine Harris look (inside Florida political joke).
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Wow, it's about time! When I was at Fender headquarters 2 years ago, John Walker was collecting quarters for these guitars. Is it a 1977 quarter that's on Frankie?
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

That pic of him is funny.
              I think the guys in the art department went a bit overboard with Photoshoping his face.
              I'm sure the guitars will cost a small mint, but it would be nice to see them finaly get made.
              -Rick

Comment

photoshop extreme makeover...

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                  Wow, it's about time! When I was at Fender headquarters 2 years ago, John Walker was collecting quarters for these guitars. Is it a 1977 quarter that's on Frankie?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                    Be prepared to PAY out the arse.

He does look refreshed. Kind of a Katherine Harris look (inside Florida political joke).

Holy shit! He looks just like Katherine Harris!

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Told ya!! That bitch can rock.

Comment

it looks like they stuck his head on justin timberlake's body... badly..the heads a totally different skn tone to the rest of it fer chrissakes :P

Comment

That more I look at that pic, the more it freaks me out.
                          Is it a joke?

Comment

You can see a preview of the GuitarWorld DVD for that issue, including Eddie's Frankie replica, at the GW website. The direct link is

From what I can see there is no logo on the headstock, just cigarette burns. So will this be promoted as Charvel, Fender, or a new EVH brand?

Comment

Don't worry, if/when it comes out we'll all be bitchin about the price OR just another "cash grab" from another artist signature series............... (violin shoud stryped)
                              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                              X