X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok... so i was wondering..

Ill be doing this allot! My Bro-in-law picked up the red/white EVH last
    month and its serial # 1780 So can we assume that there are at least
    1800 in red/white? 1800 "Blk/yellow? And 1800 White with pickguard?
    And if so, is this just per year? So that in 3 years there might be 18,000
    EVH Artists out there?
    Have to admit, that he and i were hoping that the artist series was
    more limited than that. Also, am i wrong in assuming that since i dont
    see any Charvels over serial #'s 9940 that there are no more than 10,000
    Charvels in exsistance? Total? Are the EVH's in their own serial #'s catagory and
    not included in all the other Charvel models? IMO if there are no more
    than 10,000 units in total, from 1979 to the present, these really are
    special! Inform this newbee!

The EVH Charvel are supposed to be numbered in sequence, make no mind to color scheme. So in theory your Bro should have #1780. I was all on these when they 1st came out. I have never seen or heard of a number below 400. When they 1st came out alot of us thought they were numbered by 04(being the year 2004) followed by XX being the number in the run. Hence 0455(which I used to own) would have been #55 of the 2004 production. They started to pop up at the end of 2004 so soon we started seeing 05, but then after awhile 06 and 07, so it became obvious that was not the system they were using. Remember at the time no one knew how many they were going to produce, I thought it was actually going to be less than it has been. I asked a dealer to ask Charvel about this and Charvel sent him an email that stated that they started at 0001. I find this very hard to believe as like I have stated no one or dealer, that I have talked to or site I have checked out has ever seen a sub 400 guitar. Unless they built and sent 400 guitars away to some place in Asia before they started to show up here in the States, which I highly doubt. So just to make it clear you Bro has #1780 out all 3 color combos(I would actually bet his is more like#1380 out of all EVH run guitars).
    Last edited by VinceV; 12-31-2006, 06:35 PM.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

IMHO, it'd pretty hard for them to have made that many EVH guitars. Those would be absolutely HUGE production numbers for the custom shop. There's got to be some sequencing "code" to the serial numbering. i.e, Something like Vince discusses above, but which turned out to be incorrect.

I suspect the sequencing is a combination of the "batch" number - or maybe the month since the contract commenced with EVH - and production number within the series, batch, paint scheme, whatever. Something along those lines.

Pure conjecture on my part, though. And, given that J/C folks are reluctant to discuss production numbers, we'll probably never know for sure how many were made. I'm guessing it's going to be a few hundred-ish.

Comment

Thank you! Seems you have at least better info than most dealers!

So in your opinion, what would you say is the TOTAL production? If its
        only about 1400 to date, in your opinion will they stop at 2K? Or just
        end up making 15,000 or so depending on sales, in the future? I would guess that
        since they seem to be readily available around the country, that they
        are not so exclusive? Heck i cant remember what my original question was?!! Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

For what it's worth, a quick check of ebay shows #1914:

Of the current selling/sold EVH's I could find on ebay at this moment, this one has the highest serial number (where the serial number was listed or visible in the pics).

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            So in your opinion, what would you say is the TOTAL production? If its
            only about 1400 to date, in your opinion will they stop at 2K? Or just
            end up making 15,000 or so depending on sales, in the future? I would guess that
            since they seem to be readily available around the country, that they
            are not so exclusive? Heck i cant remember what my original question was?!! Thanks again for the reply.
            Like Shreddermon said, they are supposed to be sequential, with the run starting at 400(althoguht they claim to have started at 0001). After a little over 2 years It probbably is the mid hundreds? These sold fast at 1st, but I think the demand has really slowed. It will probably pick up again if VH tour this summer like they are supposed to. It is one of those guitars, that appeals to VH fans. It is an aesome playing and feeling guitar, but most poeple would not take one out to gig with, as they are expectation when you bust one of these out.

For when they will stop or how many they will make. Who knows, I heard a rumour that they were getting ready to stop making them, but again a rumour, take it for what it is. I don't think we will ever see 15000 of them. I mean maybe if they produce them for the next 20 years. As long as there is a contract and they sell they will be made.

I actually thought we would see a EVH designed guitar from them this year, something akin to the Wolfgang. I know the relic Frankie is coming this NAMM, maybe they will have a suprise for us.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Thanks again Vince and Shredermon...et al Great info!

Considering today is NewYears... Mucho appreciated guys!

Comment

Working...
              X