3-D Neck Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-D Neck Plate

Sorry if this has been done to death, but ...

Is it possible to get a 3-D version of my current neck plate? I have an early one of the new San Dimas stuff (#6099) and I'm kind of jealous of that 3-D plate.

I tried searching, but I didn't find an answer to this.

Thanks,
    BAN

Nope... Jackson won't make you one.
    -Rick

Comment

Thanks. I kind of figured that, but I thought it was worth a shot.

Comment

Yea... I dig the 3-D plates, but the USA ones are hard to find. And you can forget about finding a 3-D Charvel USA plate for any reasonable amount of cash. Those things are practicaly worth their weight in gold.
        -Rick

Comment

Pretty much sums it up.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Who was it here when the Charvel line was just re-introduced stated that the ones with with flat plate would become collectors in a few years? Was that John?

Comment

It might have been JW, if he went by "jacksonguy" before becoming jcmktgguy. Whoever it was, they said that the early etched-plate guitars had a lot more hands-on attention by Mike Shannon. Here:

Comment

Wow, just came back to check this thread. Cool info---If I can't get the 3-d plate, it's a nice consolation prize to know that my guit (6099) had a Mike Shannon hands-on build. Very cool.

BAN

Comment

You could always get one made.. It won't be authentic, but it can be done.

Comment

How much will a 3D plate go for?

Comment

$250 to $500 on the bay for a loose one seems to be the norm.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                      X