Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So..some of you lucky guys have one of a kind Charvels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So..some of you lucky guys have one of a kind Charvels...

In your opinion.. do you see 10 years down the road, as being a great
    return on your investment? Or will say another charvel that they made
    55 of, be in the same demand? Just wanted your opinions on the 'one
    off's".. if these guarantee demand, and a large return on the buy in
    price? Are you guys sick of me yet? Tough! Im here to stay! :-))

I think it depends on the guitar. I don't think anyone forsaw the original san dimas charvels to become what they are.

I think that you can assume by supply and demand what will be wanted and what wont. The black and white bullseyes are sought after but rarely sold anymore ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I think it's very risky to buy any new guitar assuming it's going to go up in value. Buy 'em to play & enjoy, hope they don't depreciate too badly, and once in a while you might get lucky and they'll go up if supply/demand works out in your favor. If you bought them new in the '80s, San Dimas pointies depreciated for the most part, except for some with great graphics or factory OFRs, especially if you take inflation into account. Stratheads, as crazy as prices are, still didn't do better than real estate or even a conservative mutual fund over the same period. If you snapped them up cheap in the '90s, on the other hand, you made out very nicely.

Comment

Depends on what happens with the current re-incarnation to some extent I think. If they they stop making them because of lack of demand, then with few exceptions, probably a poor investment. If demand really takes off (now that would be something), or they stop making them for a reason other than demand (say fender sells and of course refuses to transfer the s-head licensing), then that could be a different story. I am pretty sure that these guitars will ever be in the same class as fender or gibson and anyone who buys them for any type of "return" is probably gonna be disappointed with their retirement.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          I think it's very risky to buy any new guitar assuming it's going to go up in value. Buy 'em to play & enjoy, hope they don't depreciate too badly, and once in a while you might get lucky and they'll go up if supply/demand works out in your favor. If you bought them new in the '80s, San Dimas pointies depreciated for the most part, except for some with great graphics or factory OFRs, especially if you take inflation into account. Stratheads, as crazy as prices are, still didn't do better than real estate or even a conservative mutual fund over the same period. If you snapped them up cheap in the '90s, on the other hand, you made out very nicely.
          Bingo!

Guitars are fun to play, but should be treated as depreciating items, very nearly consumables, unless they are the true rare-birds, like 50's Strats and Les Pauls.

Comment

I do agree with all of you...just wanted your thoughts on it

At my age,im not selling anything! BTW Mickey... Ive got it at home tonight! Totally love it! More pics to follow in the next couple of
            days. )

Comment

Working...
            X