New USA Charvels Suck ! ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
    From my experience, buying one without the luxury of playing it first would be a risky proposition.
    I agree. In fact I've never bought a "brand new" guitar without having played it first. But I've bought a shitload of used ones just on the word of the previous owner that she is "mint and a tone monster"! So far though my retarded guitar buying expeditions have been a positive and enjoyable one.
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I own 3 Charvels, all are newer models: GuitarXpress Bullseye, R/B/W EVH, and 25th Ann. I love all three and as Tim said, the weight issue is relative. I personally don't mind "heavy" guitars. If i can sling a Les Paul live I most certainly can handle a Charvel. My custom shop Soloist is all Maple so again, I don't mind heavy.
      Now, if the guy says he isn't impressed then oh well, he isn't impressed with the new Charvels. No biggie, I will still keep my Charvels/Jacksons because I think they are the best and that includes Andersons, Suhrs, etc...

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I never went to a movie , or didn't go to a movie because of the review in the newspaper, but on a guitar we will listen to our friends and acquaintences from the board, so I think you have to play it, or hope the person you are buying from is up on their stuff. I've liked the 25th anny, I've not been a huge pointy fan at all my whole life(unless it's a reverse sometimes) even though i had a bunch at one time because i did run across some that I did like, but nothing has ever felt as good to me as an older strathead charvel with a maple board, or an ebony board, and ironically, a regualr gibson les paul standard when it's just right , as I don't like rosewood in particular, but on the scale of a les paul i love it when it's a magic one. I still think the 25th's feel nothing like a Fender.
        At all.
        Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 01-10-2007, 01:03 AM.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
        X