Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an OK starter Charvel ??

And im excited! (there will be at least 10 more exclamation points) LOL
    And here is the best part imo... Matching headstock!

The same neck as the EVH Art series. Only this PUP has much more bottom. Nice WASP/Skid Row Bottom! Would this be an SD Custom?
    or an SD 5? Or just a JB? Seems way hotter than the JB i had in my
    Kramer in 89'!

This is my first new guitar in 15 years! (yeah i was in a rut..i was
    holding my breath until Grunge went away. :-)) Maybe this will unleash
    the floodgates? I could see buying 2 more in 07' ! So what do you think? Better pics in the next few days..

Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-05-2007, 07:20 PM.

Helluva starter Charvel I must say!!!
    Eldred Flames kick serious ass.
    Nice grab.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Where did that one come from?
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

haha I knew this was going to be an awesome guitar when I read the topic title
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Awesome!!!! Is that the one Bizaar Guitars had? I love it!!!!!

Comment

NOOO!!!! That's a terrible one to start with!!! I better take that off yer hands for ya, so you can get a better one...

Very Cool!!!
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Yup...Thanks to Bob at Bizarre, it looks like i didnt have

to wait so long to have it built. I ran down there, after reading that
              sometimes the wait is 7 months? That in itself was a selling point!
              Uh...you know...uh...Bob has about 12 more (different finishes) But
              hey! That many in one place? :-))

Comment

Bizzare in Phoenix......Thats where my Namm Eldred came from. Bob is the owner, right?
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Thats Cool.. my Brother in Laws EVH red/white/black

Also went to Namm and it plays superb! Must be the Mojo that rubs
                  off from 40 great players burnin the frets. Bob is very knowledgable,
                  and has been in the biz for over 30 years.

Comment

That's interesting

That's interesting

When I planned my custom order, I haven't seen a matching headstock design for the Vintage Hoot Wheel Flames, now aka Eldred Flames. So I designed my own one for my custom order in 2002.

It got completed in 2003

So you also got my design.
                    Last edited by Toby; 01-06-2007, 10:13 AM.

Comment

That looks great: fantastic place to start for a new Charvel....I just wonder when mine's gonna be ready?!
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

GREAT "starter"! Congrats.

Comment

People usually start at the other end of the spectrum but whatever works for you! Very nice, congrats.

Comment

Toby...from the first day i discovered this place..and

checked out the gallery, i saved your 4 pics to my favorites! Then im
                            down at Bizarre to most likely buy the red EVH art series like my brother
                            in laws, and what do i see? :-)) So my Bro-in-law brings his EVH down
                            to bizarre so we can A/B it to see which one ill buy, and the Eldred has
                            about 40% more bottom, and i dig the flames, so i buy it instead!
                            Reading more about the custom shop, i soon learn that it usually takes
                            at least 4 months, and sometimes up to 8or 9 months to get your baby!
                            So i totally lucked out, being able to play it first, save a ton o cash,
                            and beat the soon to be price increase coming. Yep.. i hope not, but
                            ill bet these soon are just too expensive to buy. Im pretty sure i would
                            not have paid $3200.00 for mine. If this is the level to which the prices
                            go to. So it looks like you could be a designer for Charvel/Jackson!
                            I also noticed that yours and mine have the same amount of flames.
                            the 3 others on the gallery have 6,8, or 9. So its cool that everyone
                            is unique, and different from any other. Hows that ebony Fretboard
                            sound? Ill bet its allot smoother sounding? Mine only does one sound... Shred! :-)

Comment

Outstanding! Congrats on a sweet guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X