X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wish my first axes was that good,welldone
    my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Very nice graphic, but the EVH profile neck? Who orders these things?
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

an ok starter.........? wonder what the ending will be then like?

great stuff!!!

Comment

rock on - sweet gtr

Comment

Robert,

I don't think you saw my mail - I'm in chandler, we should get together!

My vintage flamed Charvel is number 7399. Yup. One serial number apart.

Mickey
            Last edited by Mickey_C; 01-06-2007, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
              Very nice graphic, but the EVH profile neck? Who orders these things?
              They were all ordered through Music Zoo, completely botched, and some returned to Charvel, who apparently sold them to other stores, as they were screwed up.

They were supposed to be the new flames, like the NAMM show guitar, not the vintage eldred flames, and yes, they were ordered with matching headstocks, and a variety of neck profiles. Mine was supposed to have a matching headstock (it doesn't), and it was ordered with a PC1 neck (which they got right). They screwed up the pickups too, which were supposed to be cream.

The orders were done by users of UsaCharvels.com. Pop your neck and get the order number, then you can find out who's it was.

So, just so you know, it's not really one of 10. There'll probably be twenty of these by the time they get it right.

Mickey
              Last edited by Mickey_C; 01-06-2007, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                checked out the gallery, i saved your 4 pics to my favorites! Then im
                down at Bizarre to most likely buy the red EVH art series like my brother
                in laws, and what do i see? :-)) So my Bro-in-law brings his EVH down
                to bizarre so we can A/B it to see which one ill buy, and the Eldred has
                about 40% more bottom, and i dig the flames, so i buy it instead!
                Reading more about the custom shop, i soon learn that it usually takes
                at least 4 months, and sometimes up to 8or 9 months to get your baby!
                So i totally lucked out, being able to play it first, save a ton o cash,
                and beat the soon to be price increase coming. Yep.. i hope not, but
                ill bet these soon are just too expensive to buy. Im pretty sure i would
                not have paid $3200.00 for mine. If this is the level to which the prices
                go to. So it looks like you could be a designer for Charvel/Jackson!
                I also noticed that yours and mine have the same amount of flames.
                the 3 others on the gallery have 6,8, or 9. So its cool that everyone
                is unique, and different from any other. Hows that ebony Fretboard
                sound? Ill bet its allot smoother sounding? Mine only does one sound... Shred! :-)
                I am not a designer. But I have a lot of ideas for my future customer orders, but it's a hard work for me to transfer my ideas from my imagination to a design on the computer or on paper. I am still playing with ideas ...

I also noticed about the amount of flames. I supplied also a pic of the flames for the body to the custom shop with my custom order, and I got it that way.

On the pics, the fretboard looks like ebony, but it's Brazilian rosewood. The guitar has very rich sound. Even unplugged, she's very loud. Even if she has an alder body, unplugged she's much more brilliant than my other one USA Charvel with an ash body. I am not sure if it's the Brazilian rosewood.

Btw, my waiting time was 14 months.

Comment

now that is one hell of a way to start....nice guitar, enjoy!!
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Wow! 14 months, lucky you had others to play!

Thanks for all the great info! Im learning allot around here. Mickey, i
                    did NOT get your reply email, so thanks. So some of these, including yours
                    were returned by other customers who ordered them, and then did not
                    like them? Or the build sheets were not followed correctly, or quality?
                    Sure seems that mine is flawless. I cant find anything to complain about even in the most trivial way. And yes, i knew you were in Chandler!
                    We will have to shatter some windows together soon! :-) Would be
                    cool if 20 is the final count! Nothing wrong with NOT having a guitar
                    that 60,000 other guys have!

Comment

Working...
                    X