Truss Rod Adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss Rod Adjustment?

I just got my new Charvel San Dimas and I was wondering how often you guys have to adjust the truss rod on them. Seeing as how these are very thin necks and unfinished, I would assume that adjusting the truss rod is a common procedure.
    Also do you guys who own the Strat head San Dimas's have a hard time popping the neck off whenever an adjustment is necessary?

Not that often, and it's easy to back off the neck screws and tilt the neck enough to adjust the heel screw on the stratheads.

If your's just traveled a few days across the country, the guitar could be subjected to cold temps, so you might want to let the guitar 'stabilize' for a few days then, check the relief. I've gotten a few ebay purchases recently where I tightened the nut to reduce the relief the day I received only to find out a few days later that the neck was now too straight, so I'm thinking that maybe cold shipping temp had something to do with it and maybe to let the guitars sit a few days before I adjust.

Comment

I never had to do an adjustment until I got my new Zebra S-head. Funked up factory setup. No biggie, pop the neck off adjust 1/4 turn and off you go.
      Aside from that all other Charvels have been pretty stable.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

For my 2 unfinished necks (both pointies), so far it's taken about 1/8 of a turn of relief in the late Spring, then tighten back about 1/8th in late Fall. I'm sure it's different for everybody depending on where they live and how consistent they keep their temp & humidity. I let it get up to 78 or so in the Summer & down to 64-66 in the Winter. Heating & cooling bills would be murder otherwise.

Comment

Working...
        X