Re-reissue of the Star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-reissue of the Star?

I was most bummed to note that I completely missed the reissuing of the Charvel Star(s). Yes, there are some beautious stock and customs still out there but in general, I missed the train. God, I thought those axes were the coolest things in the mid- late 80's. Still do! Anyone know if there's any chance of a another re-issue? There is one issue that plagues me though: is there a way to get a slightly narrower neck on Charvels without completely mucking them up? I know there are replacement necks out there(Warmoth etc.) but will the narrower neck be compatible with the Charvel's pocket?

Rock on!

The rumor is that Charvels are going to be strictly Custom-order only from here on. If you don't find what you're looking for in existing dealer stock, you can order it as a custom, or keep your eyes open for dealers to see if they have ordered any customs. Since you want a narrower neck, I think ordering your own custom is your best bet.

Comment

Re-reissue of the USA Star

Hmm. That sounds expensive! I suppose it's worth it to have a guitar that I've drooled over since the late 80's-LOL!! How does one go about ordering a cuctom guitar- do I go through a dealer or do I go direct to Charvel/Fender?

Comment

Through a dealer. Our board sponsor Matt (banner at the top of the page) is great and will get you a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          The rumor is that Charvels are going to be strictly Custom-order only from here on. If you don't find what you're looking for in existing dealer stock, you can order it as a custom, or keep your eyes open for dealers to see if they have ordered any customs. Since you want a narrower neck, I think ordering your own custom is your best bet.

Rumor?!
          I've been saying that for the last 18 months.
          That is the plan by FMIC.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
          X