No announcement yet.

2007 Charvel Price Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shreddermon I agree with you about the "talk without walk" thing that you have mentionned. But do not forget that many of the JCF members were saving money for a custom shop. And the price increase upset many members.

Comment

If people want it bad enough they will save the money. There is a possibility of price increases every year and if you snooze you loose. Is it upsetting? Sure, but it's not all doom and gloom and the it's the end of Charvel/Jackson as we know it. Like Shawn has pointed out, it's just another reason to bitch and moan.

I have two Stratheads on order and can't wait to get them. I may order more once I come up with an idea that I think is unique and cool.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Megadeth79 View Post
        Shreddermon I agree with you about the "talk without walk" thing that you have mentionned. But do not forget that many of the JCF members were saving money for a custom shop. And the price increase upset many members.
        How could I "forget"? I just admitted that I wasn't happy about it myself. I mean, who would be happy about paying more? But I also sucked it up, and just ordered another custom anyway.

My point is that it ain't worth throwing a temper tantrum over, and it ain't chicken-little-end-of-the-world for Charvel. It's a price increase. Just like everything else you buy, from gasoline to frozen french fries. Say your piece, and move on. Continue to buy, buy less, or don't buy at all - it's your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
          If people want it bad enough they will save the money.
          ding ding ding...we have a winner!

For many of us, if not all, I would venture to say these guitars are WANTS, not needs. If you want it bad enough you will find a way to pay for it.

I don't like to pay more than I have to...nobody does, but this is their business and maybe this is FMIC's way of balancing out the supply / demand for what most likely is only a custom shop market...(speculation on my part only)

I love the ability to get new strat heads, and do own one. I would like to own more, and most likely will...but there is a personal price point at which I'm not as interested...

Comment

If people want it bad enough they will save the money.
            That's true. But everyone has a breaking point. Even Shawn. His is just much higher than most of us

At this point, they've crossed my price point for a CS C/J guitar. Not that I can't afford it but I simply don't think it's worth it. There are just far too many other excellent choices out there. So I've spent my money on custom guitars from two other companies within the last year.

Also, I have enjoyed playing the role of bottom feeder at times. I wait patiently for you folks to get your CS/limited run guitars, work out any issues, and then flip them for a substantial loss. So anyone that would like some input on their next CS order feel free to contact me so I can give you my specs

There is a possibility of price increases every year and if you snooze you loose. Is it upsetting? Sure, but it's not all doom and gloom and the it's the end of Charvel/Jackson as we know it. Like Shawn has pointed out, it's just another reason to bitch and moan.
            I don't think it's the end of C/J but for some it is the end as *they* know it. Once they are priced out of the new C/J market it is effectively the end regardless of how the company succeeds.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'm not going to try to act like I know what Fender/Charvel/Jackson should be doing, but I do think that these guitars are very expensive for what you are getting. I have a USA San Dimas, which is an excellent guitar, but I only paid a little over $1300.00 for it. (Floyd, three pickups, maple board). For me that's the max for a guitar like this. It's an awesome guitar and the quality is just as good as any custom shop Charvel that I've played.
              These are not expensive guitars to manufacture and you are not getting fancy wood, inlays, etc. The quality of the Charvels is good, but it's not in the same league as Fender Custom Shop guitars. My '51 Nocaster Relic is priced a lot less then the Charvel Custom Shop guitars and the quality is far, far better (night and day difference). If they were having trouble selling the Charvels before I can't see how raising the prices even more is going to help.
              I also think that they should have kept a USA series for people who want a Charvel, but don't want to spend huge amounts of money. They could have offered a USA line with only Floyd Roses and maple boards and if someone wanted something different then they could go the Custom Shop route.

Comment

Originally posted by rattojack View Post
                They could have offered a USA line with only Floyd Roses and maple boards and if someone wanted something different then they could go the Custom Shop route.
                I would definitly agree that those options are what most people (including me) would want. and I think if 2 hum was around $1,200 it would sell really well. Thats around what the plain Les Paul studios go for and they are harder to make.
                Last edited by tanpsi; 01-15-2007, 09:04 PM.

Comment

$150 for a coil tap switch. I wonder how much it is to just have them drill the hole for it?
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    $150 for a coil tap switch. I wonder how much it is to just have them drill the hole for it?
                    $140

The switch itself is only a $10 charge.

Getting a custom Charvel is now like going to the auto mechanic... 5% for the parts and 95% for the labor.
                    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I think the single most insulting price in there is $50 for straplocks you can go into GC and get for $12.95.. Of course, that $307 reverse headstock is running a very close second place. I guess they've forgotten that Charvel in its prime was the less expensive alternative to a Jackson. Careful guys, yer gonna price yourselves back into retirement

Comment

ejs0604 makes a very good point.
                        I'd have to think that the majority of the people who do buy these "want" them and don't "need" them to play a tour or go into studio etc.
                        Most of the guys that buy these things are "home" players and these
                        are just something "cool" to own as collection pieces.
                        Shawn and Tracy and Pat have accumulated some really cool guitars.
                        They 'want" them they don't "need" them.
                        A new Charvel won't turn you into Lynch/Yngwie? (place your guitar god's name here).
                        If I want one bad enough I will pony up the cash myself.
                        When Mercedes and BMW raise their prices I have to think in the same way do I really 'want" one, because I don't really "need" one.
                        I think the price increases suck too , but realistically it wouldn't deter me from buying something if I really wanted it bad enough.
                        there are other options out there for all of us.
                        I just question J/C's marketing strategy, what are they really trying to do here?
                        Last edited by kmanick; 01-17-2007, 10:37 AM.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                          When Mercedes and BMW raise their prices I have to think in the same way do I really 'want" one, because I don't really "need" one.
                          I think the price increases suck too , but realistically it wouldn't deter me from buying something if I really wanted it bad enough.
                          there are other options out there for all of us.
                          I just question J/C's marketing strategy, what are they really trying to do here?
                          it does not matter much what JCMI is "trying" to do with these significant price increases but no increase in what you get for your money. what matters is what actually happens as a result of this.

and what is happening, at least among our very brand-dedicated bunch here, is that they are turning off their customers, some of whom are stating how insulting these new prices are.

when your most die-hard fans are calling your pricing insulting and noting quite correctly that the features for the price just aren't there, then JCMI should be quickly realizing they are colossally blowing it with this new strategy and they better reverse themselves pretty soon or Charvels will die on the vine from lack of customer interest at a ridiculous price point.

remember, BMWs cost more because of the advanced engineering and handling they provide. Charvels don't provide anything improved or better than any other guitar nowadays, other than a nice memory lane trip for a decreasing customer base and an insulting price sheet.

great frikkin strategy, huh?
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                          X