No announcement yet.

2007 Charvel Price Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the birdseye upgrade is pretty up there, ain't it? You'd have to be crazy to... Oh wait. I just ordered one.

BTW Tim - I don't think it's $540 for a birdseye neck & fretboard. The all-maple necks are one-piece, so an all-birdseye neck & fretboard would be just the $450. However, if you ordered a plain maple neck with a BE fretboard, then the $90 fretboard cap upcharge would apply. At least, that's how I think it works.

Comment

That's how I interpreted it too, Pat. I can't stop thinking about a Floyded, bound, tele...oh man.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Looking at the price sheet Warmoth necks look like a bargain. You can get a nice figured strat head for less than the Chravel strat head upcharge.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
          You probably shouldn't price up a Suhr then, Charvels are a bargain in comparison!
          Not really...

I've speced out a few Suhr's myself, and for something similar pricewise to your standard plain-jane solid color Charvel CS "SanDimas" w/ strat headstock, you could get a custom built Suhr Standard with a AAAAA Flame Maple Top for around $2500+/- out the door.

When Charvels start selling for $2100, they really ought to be aware of the competion... let alone the other "differences" between a Charvel and a Suhr.

Comment

FMIC pricing on Charvels and others is so out of whack currently is not even funny.
            You have already mentioned Suhr.
            Charvel pricing is in PRS territory and that is comparing apples to oranges.

What is to be said for conceivably one of the easier guitars to manufacture, the Strat body guitar. Leo had it right for years and others Wayne, Grover just kept it going. Solid colors, bolt on necks, no bindings, no scraped edges, etc.
            At the same price level you have a PRS with set neck construction, unveilabable carved flame and quilt tops, fancy inlays and finishing. Suhrs, well yuo've said it and for a couple of dimes more you are into Tom Anderson world and things get ugly.

Hey, I love my Charvels and I take them for what they are. Hot rod rocking machines. But when you ask yourself, am I getting my moneys worth here?, at these price levels I really have to question it. Future specs, out of my tent, will be strictly considered and compared.

I just spec'd out a Fender CS Masterbuilt with a dealer. We are talking intricate neck shape details, inlays by Ron Thorn, gold leaf details on the body, hand wound Abby pups, spec'd hardware, BE neck, lightweight body, etc. and the whole burrito is about $1.2K more than a Polka Dot Charvel with the same a BE neck, one Duncan hum pup, vintage trem, one vol and rolled fretboard edges. Go figure.
            It does not make sense.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Suhrs, Anderson's,Grosh, etc....all great guitars with far superior building and detail.

I'll take my Charvels and Fenders, thanks. Old AND new. I guess I like ugly ducklings. I have NEVER understood why people spend so much damn time arguing and trying to get their point across about WHY they are not going to buy something. Just dont buy it.

Plekk that.
              Last edited by Shawn; 01-13-2007, 10:21 PM.
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                Suhrs, Anderson's,Grosh, etc....all great guitars with far superior building and detail.

I'll take my Charvels and Fenders, thanks. Old AND new. I guess I like ugly ducklings.

Plekk that.
                I hear ya, however there is nothing ugly about a Daphne Blue, Lake Placid Blue or Olympic White '65 Strat with a cool neck some quacky pups or a '56 witha 10/56 neck Surf green and a nice 9.5" radius neck with med jumbo frets. Same can be said for an Eldred Flames Charvel with a dirty neck.
                Cool axes on any stage or dim room.

Comment

I'll take my Charvels and Fenders, thanks. Old AND new. I guess I like ugly ducklings. I have NEVER understood why people spend so much damn time arguing and trying to get their point across about WHY they are not going to buy something. Just dont buy it.

Plekk that.
                  hey drummer boy, you're missing the point. there are a lot of folks that have supported this company over the years and would in fact buy a guitar now and again if they weren't so fucking expensive. the fact that they aren't buying them now is the sad part.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    there are a lot of folks that have supported this company over the years and would in fact buy a guitar now and again if they weren't so fucking expensive.
                    Tim you are right and it is not so much the expensive part, it is the fact that you (me, them, whoever) do not seem to be getting value for the dollar spent.
                    If you see some flat out cool things; like a good case, Plek offerings, attention to detail ala TA or PRS, innovative features, etc. you say shit! I am spending $3k but I am getting ONE HELL of a guitar. A guitar you want to take to your grave with.
                    I mean flawless, glove like, like a good pair of shoes good guitar. That is not what we are getting, not even close.
                    Sad to see.

Comment

I have NEVER understood why people spend so much damn time arguing and trying to get their point across about WHY they are not going to buy something. Just dont buy it.

Plekk that.
                      just don't buy it? people don't buy these, there goes their revenue stream, the shop folds, and you don't get to line up to be hosed by Charvel for any more CS orders. cause if they can't sell product, there won't be any custom shop any more.

and at these prices, they appear to be making customers scarce, other than you. judging from the comments here.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                        At the same price level you have a PRS with set neck construction, unveilabable carved flame and quilt tops, fancy inlays and finishing. Suhrs, well yuo've said it and for a couple of dimes more you are into Tom Anderson world and things get ugly.

Hey, I love my Charvels and I take them for what they are. Hot rod rocking machines. But when you ask yourself, am I getting my moneys worth here?, at these price levels I really have to question it. Future specs, out of my tent, will be strictly considered and compared.
                        yep, and at that price, the PRS is the clear winner. not even close.

Charvel is getting waaay too big for their britches very soon after they launched a semi-successful comeback. don't kill the comeback by overpricing please. it's happened before. the company cemetary is littered with the bones of those who forgot the customer.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Fuck. That new price list pretty much shit-canned my hopes of getting my white 1-hum Star this year. It was gonna have a matching headstock, OFR and ebony board. Guess I'll have to try for next year. Just hope they don't jack the price up again.
                          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                            just don't buy it? people don't buy these, there goes their revenue stream, the shop folds, and you don't get to line up to be hosed by Charvel for any more CS orders. cause if they can't sell product, there won't be any custom shop any more.

and at these prices, they appear to be making customers scarce, other than you. judging from the comments here.
                            Dude, dont fuckin pigeonhole me. I buy what the fuck I want to when I want and I am not Charvel's bitch. I buy PRS, I buy Fender,I buy Gibson, you name it, I own at least one, usually several. I am not a Jackson/Charvel only dumbass. My horizons are wide and all encompassing.

I am just saying if YOU dont like what Charvel is doing, then dont fuckin buy one and quit whining about it. Go buy a Schecter and call it a day.

You know something? When I first came around here in 03', this whole fucking place was ready to unload their piggy banks if ONLY they put out stratheads. Everybody was gonna load up and spend away. SO they release them....And what.... Besides 3 or four people, noone spends a fuckin dime. ........ Just more whining....Just like before, but now there's a new cause..Its the build quality, its too expensive, I dont like the layouts, they take too long...Waaaa waaa fuckin wah. I can tell you where essentially EVERY cool Strathead went. Either my house, Trace's house, and a few scattered here and there (Jose, One. Brent, One. Brett, One , Mike O. (had) one.

As far as the TA, Suhr, etc thing. yes, I have owned them. Yes, they were impeccably built and YES, The very moment you buy one, you cant give it away unless you want a major league price loss beating on ebay or gear page. Jose speaks of "taking it to the grave with him." Well Jose, you better take it with you, because if you try to resell that almighty Suhr, the price you get will probably put you in your grave.

They are SOOO fuckin popular that every weasel wants to talk you down $500 on you reselling it.

I paid $2200 for my Eldred, it's worth every dime. I paid $2500 for my 3 tite would do it again tomorrow. I paid $2500 for my LTD, I wouldnt sell it for $4500.

Skorb, to be honest, what do I care if Charvel closes down? Dont I have enough to last me a while? And the way everyone else bitches about the prices, why does anyone else care?

My guess is that they will be just fine without the JCF "onslaught" of orders. God knows they got by after the first wave of mass purchasing around here......
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              hey drummer boy, you're missing the point. there are a lot of folks that have supported this company over the years and would in fact buy a guitar now and again if they weren't so fucking expensive. the fact that they aren't buying them now is the sad part.
                              Tim, I love you like a brother, but alot of people dont buy Porsches and Mercedes either. The Toyota is a very nice car, that in some ways is far superior in its design and certainly in reliability to the Mercedes. But if you want a Mercedes, you buy it.

Devo: Freedom of choice.
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Half the freakin' people whining about the prices here wouldn't have even bought one at the original USA Standard prices. Heck, they wouldn't have bought one at used import prices. There would've been some other lame excuse, like the wait time, QC, my momma need another fifth of Beam, whatever. :P

Like all internet boards, there's a disproportionate share of "talk without walk" here. If you assume sales are gonna tank because of the talk here, I've got a bridge to sell you. :lol

Are the prices high? Yep. Will that affect sales? Yep. But nothing like us "experts" think they will. Buy 'em or don't - that's your choice as a consumer. Say your piece. Then walk the walk, don't talk the talk. (Especially over and over again, ad nauseum.)

Not happy about the price increase? Yep. But I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch about it. And I just ordered another, anyway. Will I buy less now? Probably. But maybe - just maybe - that's part of the theme here.
                                Last edited by shreddermon; 01-15-2007, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X