Is this San Dimas made charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this San Dimas made charvel?

Please help me identify this, is it real or fake ?

Seller says it is made around 1987, if this is a real san dimas charvel then this info cannot be true?
    Floyd Rose Tremolo and Seymor Duncan pickups.
    Like you propably see from these not-so-good pictures, that it has been modified little. Three miniswitches for each pickup has been changed to one switch.

Looks good
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Why is there a red block over the last digit in the serial?
      Scott

Comment

Why block the serial number? 527X would make it an 85.
        I had 5490 and it was Jan 86 next to the last one made.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Looks good to me but i would want pics of the headstock to see the locking nut...as well as the back of the headstock area where the floyd screws go through (as with a Floyd it should have a drilled neck)..make sure it isnt cracked.

Comment

Funny, my first charvel was almost exactly that guitar with a kalher instead of a floyd. Same year too. Traded it for Model 6 in like late '86.

+1 on getting closeups of the rear of head stock and scarf joint - alot of thse got damaged over the years and can be very disappointing to deal with.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Looks correct....1985 San Dimas....also ask for neck pocket & neck heel pics!!

Comment

Thank you all for these comments. Seller promised to me to take more pics of back of the neck and headstock, so now I'm just waiting..
                By the way, how much this kind of SD Charvels usually cost. I have no idea, before this I have always had model series MIJ charvels. If this guitar is not fake, I think this would then be my first SD Charvel. ;-)

Comment

Something looks odd about the three holes below the volume knob. With 3 pickups, one would assume there would be 3 mini switches for turning pickups off and on, but the last switch looks like they might have put in a larger 3-way gibson like toggle. If so, that hole is now too large to put the mini back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                    Why is there a red block over the last digit in the serial?
                    There have been stories about unscrupulous people taking serial number info posted on a for sale item and then trying to go to the cops saying that's their stolen guitar and that the cops should go after the seller and get his 'stolen' guitar back. I believe that's why people hide some of the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                    X