Interesting news on the Frankie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting news on the Frankie

Got a call yesterday from a bud, and Guitar Center bought 100 (yes, 100) Frankies at a better price.

The response to the lottery for dealers to gauge interest didnt go so well allegedly.

If youre counting at home:

100 to GC
    50 to Japan
    20 to Music zoo

And another 130 worldwide.

Snap those puppies up. Myself, I am going to grab one for $3k at next years GC Labor day sale.......I'll be in line next week.
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Not surprised by any of that. To be expected, in fact.

Comment

Not surprised in what way. That they werent snapped up in the initial offering?
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

That'll teach them.

What was that better price Shawn??
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I did talk to dealer friend when the news broke out and he told me he was not getting in the deal. The rep ask if he was sure (and he mentioned Blackie) and he said yup? "I'm out at that price level."
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

All of it, Shawn. That, how many GC bought, how many went overseas, etc.

About the only one that's even mildly unexpected is how many MZ bought. I mean, that's a lot of high-bucks items for such a small outfit. But, then again, they've gone out on a big limb with all of their strathead "natural" runs, so they've obviously got a little a bit of a risk taker streak in them.

Comment

MZ bought 20? Those guys are nuts, that's a TON of money to invest. Well, for the record I've got 2 coming and will beat any deal out there.
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt, you actually are buying two of those?!?!?!?!?
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                  MZ bought 20? Those guys are nuts, that's a TON of money to invest. Well, for the record I've got 2 coming and will beat any deal out there.
                  Ok, I can get one at GC for $3k on Labor Day
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Stuff like this for gc is never sent to stores, it sits in the dc waiting to be special ordered, paid in full of course...

Comment

I will wait for the 'scratch and dent sale'.

Comment

Is it possible to score one for 3K at GC on labor daq? no BS?

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                          Is it possible to score one for 3K at GC on labor daq? no BS?
                          absolutely. you'll need to get in line early though.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            absolutely. you'll need to get in line early though.
                            I'm going to hire a proxy now to stand in line. I'll supply the sleeping bag.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

wow Music Zoo grabbed 20!!!!! That is some SERIOUS $$$...
                              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X