Interesting news on the Frankie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
    wow Music Zoo grabbed 20!!!!! That is some SERIOUS $$$...
    Thats roughly 60 grand in Frankies. Thats mucho dinero, lots of money folks.
    Somebody is getting richer from these frankies thats for sure.
    Last edited by Soap; 01-27-2007, 06:29 PM.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
      Thats roughly 60 grand in Frankies. Thats mucho dinero, lots of money folks.
      Somebody is getting richer from these frankies thats for sure.
      You better not use that calculator to do yer taxes.....maybe you should check and make sure the "zero" button works

Comment

60 grand!!??
        God only knows what they paid, but I'll bet is somewhere around +$200,000.

That is at least $10,000 dealer's price for each of twenty Frankies.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Well from what I've heard Frankie will be similar to Blackie only EVH id considered to be more widely liked by fans than Clapton is.
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I beg your pardon Kevin, that depends who you talk to....
            A lot of people I know consider EVH a royal capital letter "A" Asshole.

I personally like them both, as musicians. Never hung out with them, so how would I know them personally.
            But the stuff you read about EVH... what he did and said about Micahel Anthony, and two top notch singers out of his band says a lot.

Eric did steal a Beatles wife, some people dislike that.

In my case, given the choice Blackie vs. Frankie, I'll go Blackie.

Comment

Your taking offense where there wasn't any intended. ..

Eric Clapton as big is he is played to an older blues driven audience where VH played pop metal. It has nothing to do with who is in ass or who is considered to be better it is about selling guitars. Frankie is more widely known than blackie.. How many Frankie replicas do you see VS blackies ..

It's about sales not personality ..
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                How many Frankie replicas do you see VS blackies ..
                True, but there are a helluva lot of black strats with maple boards out there......
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'd love to have both on my wall.....

Comment

I took no offense Kevin, I wouldn't loose any sleep over those two guys anyway...

I don't know who's sold more records VH or Clapton and all the groups he's been a major contributor.
                    But Clapton has been around a heck of a lot longer, he's been mainly indentified for playing a brand a model in particular (i.e. Strat), yes he messed witha few Gibbys. He's also been to hell and back, cleaning his persona and image.
                    The jury still out on EVH on all those counts.

I am not willing to get in a pissing contest on who's better. I love them both and have spent a few dollars on records from both.

My take was based on your statement "EVH is considered to be more widely liked by fans than Clapton is", that largely depends on who you are talking about and who those fans are.

Comment

Maybe liked is a bad term ... He had a much wider audience ...Frankie is more well known and copied more. I'm not getting into the talent of either indivual as they have both cut their place in music history

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                        I will wait for the 'scratch and dent sale'.
                        :ROTF::ROTF:
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                          Frankie is more widely known than blackie.. How many Frankie replicas do you see VS blackies ..
                          It's about sales not personality ..

Agreed, I could hold up a picture of each guitar and ask my Mom which guitar is EVHs and she'd point Frankie out. To bad she can't lend me the money for one though..........
                          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Um Hi all, help the new guy and his smoldering Credit Card so they will be less then the posted 20-25k??? How much less? I would love to know if its even worth considering, and at 25k its not. I will buy a crappy pre CBS strat for that amount and watch it make money as apposed to buying a Frankie, playing it and taking it to open mike jams in NJ so my friends can bow to me and or spill beer on it.

Comment

It seems like the best price I'm hearing is 25k - for now at least...
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

At that price EVH better hand deliver it to me and shake my hand and thank me for supporting his alcoholic ways!

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                                It seems like the best price I'm hearing is 25k - for now at least...

Comment

Working...
                                X