'96 Charvel Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 Charvel Custom

Does anyone know how many "lawsuit" black and yellow striped guitars the Charvel Custom shop made in '96? I just grabbed one with the old PC1 style head stock and the custom shop stamp below the logo. Maybe it's fake I don't know enough about that particular Charvel, I hear they only made a few before the threatened lawsuit. Sure plays nice though! Thanks

Actually it might be a '99 the SN is 960246. Thanks again.

Comment

It's probably not a fake. I've have seen some of these that were actually made in the Jackson custom shop around that time period. Post some pics and I can probably tell you more about it.

Comment

It is real ....
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks alot, I'll try to get some photos up later.

Comment

Comment

I think the guy I bought it from added the D-tuna. Thanks for looking

Comment

Legit. I remember at least one other from around the same timeframe, but it was a 24 fretter.

Comment

Thanks dude, it's in great shape and plays nice. I'm not crazy about the Dimarzio, but it's a good addition to the collection.

Comment

Did you buy it on ebay? MrGraphic just had one of those I think...PM him maybe you guys can compare SN's

Comment

The guy I bought it from had listed it, but evilbay pulled it within an hour or so. I just happened to see it and took a chance by e-mailing him. I tried to research it a bit first but couldn't find much on them from that era so I took a chance. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I came across a Japanese ordered USA Charvel custom one of these I got pics somewhere.

Comment

That would be cool thanks!

Comment

The one I have pics of has a Vtrem USA made pseudo Shead but I am out of pic hosting space. I can send pics to an E-mail address

Comment

Working...
                            X