Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traditional strat pickguard

Hi,

I've got a 1984 Charvel strat with the traditional strat layout. I want to replace the pickguard. Will a Fender pickguard fit? If not, does anyone know where I can get one that will fit?

Thanks

-rich
    Last edited by richrand; 02-13-2007, 07:53 PM.

I think the Charvel pickguards are 8 hole and the modern Fenders are 11 holes. I am sure someone who knows more will be along soon...

Post a pic of your strat.

Comment

Right, aren't the older Fenders 8-hole? I guess I'll just go get one and see if it fits.

Originally posted by Stinkbug View Post
      I think the Charvel pickguards are 8 hole and the modern Fenders are 11 holes. I am sure someone who knows more will be along soon...

Post a pic of your strat.
      will do...as soon as I get it back together! :-)

Comment

You can get 8 hole versions from Warmoth. But I don't know if they will match up exactly (screw holes).

Comment

My '86 has 8 hole as well. I wonder if the guard off of a model series will fit, a couple did come with pickguards and I would be surprised of they changed the specs for the imports.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

See this one for example:

"I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by richrand View Post
              Hi,

I've got a 1984 Charvel strat with the traditional strat layout. I want to replace the pickguard. Will a Fender pickguard fit? If not, does anyone know where I can get one that will fit?

Thanks

-rich

WD Music Products (www.wdmusic.com) are the pickguard guru's. If they don't stock them, send them a tracing and they will make you one.

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
                WD Music Products (www.wdmusic.com) are the pickguard guru's. If they don't stock them, send them a tracing and they will make you one.
                +1 WD has made me several pickguards and backplates that I needed copied or replaced. They are pretty fast as well. You can send them a tracing or the old pickguard.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Allparts sells an 8 hole pickguard that will fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X