Need help identifying older charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying older charvel

Hi, I found this guitar today and since I am still kinda new to the Jackson Charvel thing I was hoping someone could shed some light on to what it is. They are telling me its an late 70's/early 80's USA made charvel (I know better than that@!) But what is it. Is it an import? THe Jackson branded pickups make me think so. They want 1500us for it???

Does the guitar have a neck plate? Better pictures maybe of the whole neck? Back of the neck and head, Pictures of the back of the body, serial # etc... there would be no way that is a late 70s/early 80's
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Its a neck through and I will have to see if I can get the serial number.

Can anyone see the pics because I cant???

Comment

Nope

Comment

Comment

Comment

no pics here.

Jackson-branded pickups & neckthru suggest a mid/late-80s import. What sort of logo? Can you describe the guitar?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

small charvel logo with "made in USA" underneath in really small print

Comment

Ask for a serial # .. right now it appears to be an import thats been refinned ..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Here's a pic host tutorial: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708

A lot of us use photobucket.com

Or you can try

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's an '86 Model 5 (import) with a sorta snakeskin refin. The USA logo is a bogus decal added after the re-paint. Worth maybe $400 or a little more if you don't mind the paint job.

Pics show up if you copy/paste the links into your browser. Not sure why.
                      Last edited by dg; 02-15-2007, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Bogus.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 02-15-2007, 11:30 PM.
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                          It's an '86 Model 5 (import) with a sorta snakeskin refin. The USA logo is a bogus decal added after the re-paint. Worth maybe $400 or a little more if you don't mind the paint job.

Pics show up if you copy/paste the links into your browser. Not sure why.
                          I tried that, but it said I didn't have permission.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by chesterb View Post
                            They want 1500us for it???
                            Who they?
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I will choose to protect the names of the ignorant

Comment

Working...
                              X