Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a Charvel San Dimas Strat today ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a Charvel San Dimas Strat today ;-)

Hello everyone,I now have a brand spakin new San Dimas Strat to add to my collection.(89 USA-YJM Strat & Custom Shop Strat)
    A friend told me about it,went to play it and left with it. Its a H/S setup with NOS bridge and awesome Black Cherry custom color w/RW. Plays like a dream. I traded in a MIM Strat in for it,Killer axe,killer deal.
    Forgive the question about the Pups, but it has a TB-14 & a SCR-1. You guys please tell me about the Pups. My 1st post, take it easy on me.I always regretted selling my 86 USA Jackson bolt-on (#1010) years ago,so I had to get this.
    -ADR
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Welcome to the forum! Aaaaand...
    Man there's been a lot of that lately..
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Welcome !! Sound like your excited? LOL At least you dont have to
      wait for a year. Nice that you could actually play it first. Let us see
      some pictures as soon as you can, as your discription sounds unique to
      me at least. I have a "new incoming" today also! Then i'll have 2 Charvels to go with my Jackson Dinky. (I only have 3 electrics) which
      almost does not allow me to even be on this board! Welcome again

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
        Welcome to the forum! Aaaaand...
        Man there's been a lot of that lately..

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Black Cherry

You asked for,you got it. Having a hard time capturing the true color.It looks black w/hints of cherry normally.When I use the flash,it shows more of a burgandy and can see the metal flake.Anywho,here are some pix.
          ps:had to get my paw prints off, this thing is glossy as heck,top half of body is close to what im talking about.

I love the big ol brass strap hardware too.
          Last edited by ADR; 02-20-2007, 09:39 AM. Reason: add add. info

Comment

Congrats on the new guitar. This is a very cool color and the brass hardware looks great on it. Killer axe. I dig H/S setups too.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Thanks so much Joe. Wasnt sure about post pix,due to the gallery part in here,being a newbie.

Comment

Awsome, H-S kicks ass!
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

That looks great - I just wish they would have used a brass knob. Personal opinion and all that...

Nice color too - something other than the usual white, black, or blue.

craig

Comment

Looks great. You didn't happen to buy that at Hermies, did you?

Comment

Hermies

Yes,I did. Good call.(small world)
                      I might get a brass knob,I just got it yesterday,so didnt want to start changing stuff.
                      I thought a brass knob with a gold HB ring and gold tuners would look killer,but bone stock right now. I dont have the $$$ ,at some point maybe.
                      I liked the snow white with gold/brass appointments Charvels,thats what I was kinda taking a liking to.but when I saw this, then played it, it was more than overwhelming

Where might I find a brass or gold knob clone knob? I saw there is barrel tops,round,round with dot?
                      Last edited by ADR; 02-20-2007, 05:49 PM. Reason: added more info.

Comment

Originally posted by CMB View Post
                        Nice color too - something other than the usual white, black, or blue.
                        craig

I agree. A nice change of pace. Good luck with it.

Comment

Very cool color. I thought about ordering a Charvel SD in this color with an ebony board and OFR. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                            Where might I find a brass or gold knob clone knob? I saw there is barrel tops,round,round with dot?
                            The Music Zoo mahoganys came with brass knob:

Maybe they have one laying around or can get you one.

Comment

I've got a dual hum with a floyd and ebony fretboard in the same color. I love that color! I even chose mine over a red ghost flame. I call it more of a Rolls Burgandy because it looks so classy. CONGRATS!

Comment

Working...
                              X