PSA: Used Custom Shop Charvel $899 @ GC Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Used Custom Shop Charvel $899 @ GC Denver

Hey guys just got back from GC and saw a nice Custom Shop Charvel. It had the original hangtag from Jackson and stated Stealth body. That is all I can remember other than it looked very minty with only slight stains from playing on the unfinished maple neck. It was at Guitar Center in Denver on Colorado Blvd.

Damn, I love this Interweb.

Nice!

Comment

Pretty cool - I think that's the one that DCGL were trying to sell for ages. I quite like it, but the Stealth body-style is a bit of an oddity, especially for a Charvel....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

that finish is awful!

Comment

Looks much, much better in person. It has a TOM Bridge, not sure of the bridge pickup but it is painted to match. Overall the guitar looks really nice and played nice. Really considered picking it up and selling one of my other guitars.

Comment

That's nice.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I went back on Wednesday and it was gone. I was going to see how low they would go.

Comment

It's an EMG81. Gold Charvel USA logo. Said Custom Shop on the headstock. Hang tag says 1997 (I think it's a Jackson tag). No inlays on fingerboard. Slight arch to the top. Was really orange/black not yellow/black. No case with the guitar, and you had to buy one from them before they'd ship. Was a trade in and is on "police hold" until the 19th, so they can't ship until it clears the Police check. They weren't going to deal much. You had to pay tax if there was a GC in your state.

I was the 2nd caller, with a sale pending to the 1st caller. After a few calls to check on things, it was still a 'pending sale'. They never called me back, so I assume the sale went to "Mark of Texas".

Looks like the same body and neck specs as my 1997 Jackson 'albino dinky':

Comment

I remember that puppy, the neck on that one rules plus correct volume knob placement!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                    It's an EMG81. Gold Charvel USA logo. Said Custom Shop on the headstock. Hang tag says 1997 (I think it's a Jackson tag). No inlays on fingerboard. Slight arch to the top. Was really orange/black not yellow/black. No case with the guitar, and you had to buy one from them before they'd ship. Was a trade in and is on "police hold" until the 19th, so they can't ship until it clears the Police check. They weren't going to deal much. You had to pay tax if there was a GC in your state.

I was the 2nd caller, with a sale pending to the 1st caller. After a few calls to check on things, it was still a 'pending sale'. They never called me back, so I assume the sale went to "Mark of Texas".

Looks like the same body and neck specs as my 1997 Jackson 'albino dinky':

Wow, that's a pretty accurate description. I actually walked in an saw a baby taylor that I wanted and had the same problem. It was on hold until the 21 of March.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                      That's the only maple/maple neck guitar I've ever liked! Sweet guitar... I remember when it was on ebay so long ago. Wish I would have bought her...
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The guitar arrived safe and sound today. What a great buy this was. The picture does not do it justice. More pics this weekend but I wanted to give a shout out to krimson for posting this. Thanks Man!

Mark in Texas
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Cool find Jack. Yeah post more pix too.
                          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
                          X