Eldred brothers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eldred brothers?

Just picked up this GMW to go with my Charvel Custom, I've never had a GMW and I gotta say Lee puts together a nice guitar for the money. There's not much difference in the paint except the GMW is actually signed by Dan Lawrence. The neck is very playable, although I prefer the Charvel because of the PC1 profile. The bridge saddles aren't as nice, but the gold hardware goes better than the black on the Charvel...all in all a much better deal since it was half the price for virtually the same guitar...I likey!
    Last edited by daisp; 03-16-2007, 05:41 PM.

Great looking pair. What pickups do you have in each?

Comment

Both cream Duncan JB's, the Charvel was swapped to an Alnico 3 magnet, and the GMW is still the 5 magnet...the 3 kicks its ass...

Comment

Love them Eldred Flames!!!!
        Kinda like the Charvel a little better, sharper edges to the flames and squared off bottom of fingerboard.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Ah, but Lee put the period correct bridge mounting screws. Charvel, for some reason uses the all Gold on the newer ones? They are supposed to be Black!

Very nice pair. I'm wishing for a Charvel Eldred. I'd order one from the Custom Shop, but I don't want to wait 2 years and have any quality issues.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I sure like mine, no quality problems so far...but you're right about Lee's set up, plus I like that Dan Lawrence signed it.

Comment

great score...it was tempting for weeks!
              Enjoy!

Comment

My Charvel is also signed by Dan.

The signature is in the rear FR cavity.

Is Dan still doing the Eldred Flames paint jobs?

Comment

I'll have a look at mine..thanks for the info. And i'm not sure if he is, the GMW is an '05

Comment

And by the way I love the painted headstock...that kills!

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                      I'll have a look at mine..thanks for the info. And i'm not sure if he is, the GMW is an '05
                      Nice set!

Stoopid question.....how does (did) GMW get away with using the Strathead shape?

Comment

Very nice!! I would like to get one of those with 2 hums someday. I haven't come across one in person so I could play it first.

Comment

Very nice...i dont get having 2 with vintage trems though...but hey,
                          your a purist. I would have had one be a Floyd. Of course i love your
                          choice of body colors!

Comment

I would have prefered a floyd too, but couldn't pass up the good price and a GMW with a strat headstock. I don't know enough about GMW, but i'm sure they got into it with Fender because none of the new GMW's have this option.

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
                              Stoopid question.....how does (did) GMW get away with using the Strathead shape?
                              They don't anymore. I believe they used to pay a licensing fee but FMIC broke off the deal once they acquired Charvel...something like that anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X