Charvel price increase and it's affect on vintage Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rattojack View Post
    One more thing. What popular artist(s) are playing Charvels today? None. It takes big name recognition to make a guitar brand popular. There's no shortage of legendary guitarists who have made Fender and Gibson into household names. No one's doing that with Charvel.
    This is very true and also hits on a topic of indorsments. Jackson/Charvel should be doing what ESP is but they seem to be falling short. If they want more sales they should get the product in more artisits hands instead of jacking up the prices.. That's it, I'm spent.

Comment

The prono star angle was WWF style.
      The zombies and daggers graphics have been so hot dealers won't even order them without a mfg discount.
      and the Masterbuilt relic deal is a stroke of genius.

Way to go brainiacs.....
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by rattojack View Post
        One more thing. What popular artist(s) are playing Charvels today? None. It takes big name recognition to make a guitar brand popular. There's no shortage of legendary guitarists who have made Fender and Gibson into household names. No one's doing that with Charvel.
        What popular artists are playing electric hard rock guitar at all these days?
        Just a question, not debate, challenge, or mocking of today's lamo "index finger is all ya need " breed-lol Sorry , lost my head.
        Charvels are rockets that are for launching , and I'm all out of ammo God Damnit, but i do have one of the best missiles of all time at a good friends house who is holding it for me, so I have turned to crime, that's how good the old Charvels seemed to play to me. Not all of them, but a decent portion were good players, and then there were some ridiculously great ones, and of course some dogs, but it seems like that with every brand.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Old ones will hold their value and go up at the steady pace they have in the small market that there is. Will they ever get to fender prices, probably not $20+, will they ever get to gibson prices $100k + LOL, of course not.

New ones, well lets see, they are forcing the fender marketing plan on the wrong market and will either prove their own point (that the 80s "super strat" is dead) or lose a good deal of money trying. No marketing and no endorcees = failed guitar brand 9 out of 10 times. Even during fender and gibsons "bad years" in the 1980s, they STILL had real endorcees. Just look through an old GFTPM. How fender could think the rules have changed, particularly considering how ibenhad and ESPee do things, is absolutely amazing to me.

rant off.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

10K - yeah, but only amongst a small group. Long-term increases, even moderate - don't think so. FMIC do seem to be focussed on squeezing short term profit out of some unoriginal ideas (well, i supposed that's almost all they do now) - I'm just worried Charvel in its current state will only last a few/several more years, then FMIC will close those doors - once the short-term profit has dried up.

Comment

Charve;s are not popular guitars? That applies to modern day, let's not forget this small company exploded and almost buried Fender and Gibson in the 80's, so if you reach that kind of height , popular they were. Very popular, just a new generation decided to play whatever the next big thing was, and I pray to the music God's that I can go out and buy a CD that sounds like Badlands again one day.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                I pray to the music God's that I can go out and buy a CD that sounds like Badlands again one day.
                Amen to that brotha!

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                  The reality is, a 100% original, unmolested, clean Charvel strathead nowadays does not sell for less than $ 4,000, with premium examples (VERY clean, EVH graphics or other special colors/graphics) bringing that price to $ 10,000 and up.

You may think it is too high, but I put my money where my mouth is: if (and that is a big if nowadays) I can find or am offered a clean, 100% original Charvel strathead 2H with vintage tremolo, I'd offer $ 5,000 on the spot and walk home with a bargain.

The funny thing is, the recent Grover Jackson reissues are all priced HIGHER than this already high amount, and that simply makes no sense.
                  totally agree with this. 4K+ easy for an early unmodded (not a single extra hole/no issues!) strat head w/ v-trem.

Comment

Working...
                  X