Just got my new Charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my new Charvel!

Well, i felt I had to share this with you guy's. I just received my new lefty natural mahogany oiled body and unfinished maple Charvel strathead!
    I love the way it look's but was skeptical about the tone and playability. I play though a collection of mostly vintage plexi and hand wired marshalls' as well as a laney supergroup and couple of 72 Hiwatt DR103's. I once owned a black lefty pre-pro Charvel Explorer strathead, with lightning bolt inlay's, and all brass hardware with vintage trem. In fact, that very guitar is on display on the Charvel eye candy website. Anyhow, this new high end Charvel made by Fender is just killer! Even though it has a Floyd trem, which I believe is a tone sucker, it don't seem to effect the woody tone, and the playability is excellent! Tuned down a half step, it is still sharp, full, resonent, great sustain, harmonic overtones and feedback, intonation, it's all there. Slightly bright but woody and brown! I finally found my VH axe, and any other aggressive sounding artist. The action can come down a bit but thats an easy fix. The original pre-pro I had was a bit fatter and possibly a bit richer sounding but the playability was a little stiff and difficult to stay on tune. I still would love to have it back though!

Super! Lets see some pics? And ill bet you would like to have your
    first one back! But that Floyd will make your day to day tuning better.
    Congrats!

Comment

Thanks Robert,
      thats for sure regarding the tuning. As for pic's, i need to educate my self on my Mac to post them. However. i believe if you go to the music zoo web sight, they still have photo's up with a bunch of charvel's including three lefties and a nice variety of righties.

Comment

That's great. I'm still on the fence about getting one myself...check your inbox I sent you a PM.

Comment

tmmsjm,
          Are you refering to my personal email inbox? If so, I have not recieved a massage from you.
          ~Dave

Comment

Congrats man and I hope the "fever" doesnt get you like most of us!!

Comment

The pre-pro I mentioned in the fisrt post of this thread is up on display in the "others Charvel gallary" on this sight. Indeed Tim Rose was the buyer and is the apperantly the current indicated owner. I lost touch with Tim. Anyone have a lead on any contact info for him?
              ~Dave

Comment

No, I meant your JCF inbox. Go to the User CP and check your private messages.

Comment

I know of the Charvel your talking about on MZ, nice choice.Too bad they didnt have a lefty with the N.O.S bridge,would you have gotten it? I prefer the N.O.S too.
                  Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Yes, If they had a lefty with the vintage brass trem, I would have bought it... I've thought about ordering one.

Comment

That be sweet, N.O.S w/brass knob & Pup ring & gold tuners.Now were talking.
                      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Are these from the music zoo? I've been also on the fence about it. I just finding the my single hum guitars don't get used as much as my H/s/s ones.

joe...
                        www.godwentpunk.com
                        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                        X