Updated my guitar room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
    What are you jealous? Nice collection once again and he plays all of them!
    That's what I thought too...nothing is wasted if it is used.

I get questions like "do you play them all?" or "don't some of them just sit on the stand collecting dust?" put to me and I only have 25 (2 are 'retired'). I often start at the beginning of a rack and go from one end to the other. The more the better and if you have the disposable cash then why not have as many as you want? It's only a 'waste' if something is sitting there and suffering damage as a result of neglect.
    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Yep, Trace gets some local help from some members in regular up keep and cycles through them all. I wish I lived closer.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Haha, you'd have to set up a rotation cycle and make sure they all got a turn . With that many guitars you could play each one for two minutes and spend all day without playing the same one twice

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
          How do you evaluate a vintage guitar like this. Would you use the price you bought it at or what the current market might be?

joe...
          I think you have to get them appraised for the insurance company But hell yea that's an awesome collection! GIVE US PICS OF THE OTHER ROOMS PLZ!! lol
          Last edited by z1n; 08-14-2007, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Do they gently weep when you put them down and pick up another one to play? Awesome set up!
            Bratt Scovil
            "Hats Off To You Blessed Musicians"

Comment

Hey Gtrbuyer, do you have any pics the the Joker guitar (Kramer?). I have the first with that design (BCR Gunslinger..came up with the layout and sent in a comic book and t shirt for the design). I think there's a 5 string Jackson JJ too, but I think that's the only 3 in existence.

Very nice collection!

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by mccullpl View Post
                Hey Gtrbuyer, do you have any pics the the Joker guitar (Kramer?). I have the first with that design (BCR Gunslinger..came up with the layout and sent in a comic book and t shirt for the design). I think there's a 5 string Jackson JJ too, but I think that's the only 3 in existence.

Very nice collection!

Pat
                thanks you can see more on the Joker here in my nonCharvel section(it is a GMW refin)
                http://www.usacharvels.com/noncharvels/body.htm
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Sweet! I really wish I would have done the painted pickup cover...looks great!

Comment

How long does it take to dust those bad boys?!
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Holy Fuck !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nor View Post
                        How long does it take to dust those bad boys?!
                        yeah that is the downside of having them all out. I usually try and restring, tweak, dust and polish them in batches (usually 15 or so at a time). In fact, I restrung 5 earlier today including my GXBullseye pointy (great guitar).
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Hi gtrbuyer,
                          You realy have a great collection.
                          I have visted you site quite a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
                            sadly no...I have a rough idea though???
                            I counted 41 shown... but i would bet there are another 10 or so, down
                            that hallway? Yikes! Now my brother in law is going to have to get
                            15 more! :ROTF:

Comment

you're merely scratching the surface at 41-lol
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                                you're merely scratching the surface at 41-lol
                                Amazing, I counted 168 guitars on Tracy's website... assuming $2,000 each thats $336,000 worth of guitars, impressive indeed.

I'm curious, Tracy what do you do for a living? Always interested in learning how to improve myself, you've obviously been doing something right...

Comment

Working...
                                X