Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no love for the new charvel v-trems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no love for the new charvel v-trems?

I recently got one on e-Bay for $650.00.Have not gotten it yet.Any thoughts on where to send for a non-recessed floyd?

N.o.s

Hey whats up? I thought I recongnized the name.I saw you got the snow white San Dimas on ebay right? Killer price btw. I saw that and my headstock has same blemish under the logo exactly like yours. I posted a thread in here,look for it (General Forum)
    Well I like the N.O.S bridge, its very Charvel and just like the pre po's etc.
    I picked up a Black Cherry San Dimas H-S with N.O.S, and soon after got the brass knob,than gold tuners to match. (and Pup ring)
    How do you like it? They sound BIG with that Duncan HB (TB-14) in there,neck is the best part.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

$650! Damn! Nice score. I love V-trems on Charvels with graphics for the look and am too lazy for Floyds.

Comment

I think most people don't like them because the tremolo does not stay in tune. Personally I think it's just a matter of setting it up correctly and (very basic but often overlooked) winding the strings properly.

The only reason why I don't like them is the pointy headstock: had they built them as standard models (i.e. not CS) with a Strat head, I would have bought at least two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by schofnsteen View Post
          Any thoughts on where to send for a non-recessed floyd?
          You're going to need to shim the neck, to tilt it back at a greater angle, if you want a non-recessed Floyd in there.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X