80s Charvel Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s Charvel Neck

Im wondering about the radius on charvels from the 80s, now Im ptetty sure they are compound but im guessing they where not before, since Jackson was one of the first "big companies" to do that. Yeah so, what kind of radius did 80s Charvels have?

Depends on which Charvels you are talking about.USA,import neck thru or bolt on.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Non in particular... How about the whole timeline? which ones did and what year did they start... etc

That would be sweet^

Comment

Early 21 fret strathead necks were around a 10.5 to 11.5 radius but could be ordered in any radius wheter you were buying a Neck as a part or whole guitar. When strathead necks changed to 22 fret a compound radius was offered in addition to the straight radius IIRC. All pointy charvel 22 fret necks were compound somewhere around 10-16 radius as the same with Jackson necks, Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks 59custom, that gave me a bit better of an understanding, but i need to know the years if you can tell me when compound radius became available? Im not so much interested in a charvel right now, im doing my research on the history and things. thanks!

Comment

I know an orig. charvel factory employee that was there from mid 80 to 84 sometime? IIRC he stated, in conversations we've had, that compound radius and a 22nd fret on a strat neck (25 1/2 scale) was developed by charvel sometime in 82. Next time I speak with him I can double check I f I remember?

Comment

Working...
            X