Replacement Strings for Charvel EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Strings for Charvel EVH

My son broke his strings on his Charvel EVH, what are the stock strings? What other strings would be good replacements?

My guess would be 9-42 ... but 10-46 would work, too. Since it's got a Floyd on it (and if your son has it setup to float a little), you'll need to adjust the springs in the back if you change gauge.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

This is the one you got him for Christmas, right? Is this the first string change? I'd stick with 9 - 42 (which most of the new Charvels come with) if you guys don't want to have to mess with any kind of setup work. I'm guessing you don't if this is the first string change on a 5-month-old guitar.

Comment

In terms of size, 9-42s. In terms of brand, Ernie Ball or DR.

Comment

Put whatever gauge and brand you want on.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Put whatever gauge and brand you want on.

O rly?
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Yep. What a concept, huh? :ROTF:
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

9/42's DR's..>Elixers. or GHS Boomers imo

Comment

Jackson/Charvel generally uses D'Addario 9-42 unless the customer specs something different, if that matters to you.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Strings gets dirty and lose their finish, flexibility and tone quite quickly. Strings should be changed about every couple of weeks if he plays it often. Many players change more often than that. I had to change after every show and that was only after a 45 minute set. Change them one at a time to keep the tension on the neck and Floyd Rose system.

Comment

If you wipe down your strings with a cloth immediately after every single use (micro-fiber is best -they are sold for short money at CVS for cleaning windows), they will not corrode anywhere near as fast. Try it. I was very surprised myself. It has made a huge different in the amount of maintenance that I am required to do on my guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                        If you wipe down your strings with a cloth immediately after every single use (micro-fiber is best -they are sold for short money at CVS for cleaning windows), they will not corrode anywhere near as fast. Try it. I was very surprised myself. It has made a huge different in the amount of maintenance that I am required to do on my guitars.
                        Dude,what's the guitar in your avatar? Looks like the one I just picked up.

Comment

That would be SD 5309 - '86 s-head 3-S with factory chrome floyd. I still own it and it is not going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                            That would be SD 5309 - '86 s-head 3-S with factory chrome floyd. I still own it and it is not going anywhere
                            Awesome!! Any pics of the full guitar?

Comment

Here you go:

Its called lake placid blue, but it matches somthing else kinda nicely as well LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X