After a 16 month wait...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a 16 month wait...

....my HRF Charvel is finally here. I intentionally decided to go for a guitar I wanted, rather than replicating the 'true' SD specs, hence the rev head, direct mounted pickup and the scalloped heel.

The neck is spec'd to measurements I took off my GMW (thank god I read the micrometer correctly!) and it feels really similar which is a relief! Hats off to the guys at the CS, cos this guitar looks just how I wanted, and plays and sounds awesome....

Oh, and before anyone comments, yes, these pics suck

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Looks nice! I like the hrf with the maple board.
    Scott

Comment

That's a beauty!! The pics are just fine IMO. You got the whole guitar in one shot which is the most important thing the photo-police are looking at.
      After all the complaints we've been reading recently, its reassuring to see a good job done correctly by the custom shop.
      Sam

Comment

That looks awesome, bro. Glad they got it right for you.

Anf f'k the "original specs" if you don't want them - get exactly what you do want. That's what a custom shop is all about. ...Including, of course, if you happen to actually want original specs.

Comment

Neilli,

Just awesome. Nice touch leaving off the PUP ring. It really blends in with the pickup transition. Glad it came to you correct and safe! Congrats. My favorite graphic!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

looks nice ... love the reversed head.. got a pic of the heel?
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Here's a couple of pics Tim sent me - they're much better than mine!

Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

that's So cool!!!!

i Love that heel, i haven't seen that on a Charvel yet!!!

Comment

bad ass..that is a winner right there Ian..enjoy.....she is a beauty!
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Looks great, I love the non-recessed look!
                    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Great guitar, that guitar just screams "Screw all of you, I'm here to rock." Blows any of those Fender relic pansies off the stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Avenged View Post
                        that's So cool!!!!

i Love that heel, i haven't seen that on a Charvel yet!!!

Same heel is on Todds Hand charvie..

My bigmouth (pointy) just has a recessed plate and not the full sculpt ...
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Very nice, one of my favorite paint jobs and yours has a floyd!
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Love the reversed headstock. Balls to the wall with that one. Glad you got what you wanted.

Comment

Fantastic guitar Ian! tell us more about the neck profile...

Comment

Working...
                              X