No announcement yet.

After a 16 month wait...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Ian.........at least you got a Floyd mate!! I wish I'd have gone for a scalloped heel, I might see if they will change my order slightly when they build me another one.
    Great Score, it looks fantastic and I love the reversed headstock....nice touch.

Comment

thanks for the info, Kev, that's awesome.

very cool sculpted look, that recess.

just awesome.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with this one - there are a couple of small things that they could have done better (fret polish residue on the fingerboard, neck needs a quick adjustment to pull it into the pocket tighter) but it's pretty much exactly what I wanted.

The neck dimensions were copied from my main GMW, and are .800 (3rd fret) to .840 (12th), with a C profile and a 1 5/8 nut. It feels great! Thinner than a PC1, but still plenty to get your hands around. I like the look of a direct mounted pickup and figured it goes well with the 'hot rod' vibe, but I must admit to my ears there are so many other factors that I can't say for sure I can really hear much difference with the pickup fixing directly into the body.

Oh, and it's basically invisible, but the guitar has a double logo (black over gold)....

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
        My bigmouth (pointy) just has a recessed plate and not the full sculpt ...
        I checked the w/o Kev, and it states 'Scalloped Heel'. but also under special info about the body, it has 'Half Moon Heel', so I guess that's the key...

As an aside, given all the current debate about pricing - I love this guitar (though it's still early days I know), but it's a 2500 guitar, not much more. Now that's fine, cos I paid less than that, but my point is that it's not a 4k street price instrument. I've not bothered to price it up using the 2007 list, but if I remember correctly, just the custom neck profile is enough to put it into Masterbuilt territory and god knows what it would cost if I ordered it again today.....
        Last edited by neilli; 06-09-2007, 07:05 PM.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Beautiful ! But im a bit biased.. #7398 says hi ! Glad you finally
          got yours!

Comment

Very nice man!! Glad to hear they did it right for you.

Comment

Damn, that is a nice guitar!!!
              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Nelli - Nice...that just flat out rocks...very cool!

Comment

yeah that sweet rev strat head is killer.

Comment

awsome another guitar for axe of the month.
                    no sig.....

Comment

That is beautiful! I love the flame paint, along with the maple board

Comment

Working...
                      X