~ L@@K at this Charvel that Vai played in Alcatrazz ~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~ L@@K at this Charvel that Vai played in Alcatrazz ~

Just wanted to share this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierC-...elated&search= They show it much better for the solo. Enjoy
    Warning: Graham Bonnet singing (yelling) so giving a heads up.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Is that the guitar that became the Green Meanie? I don't know my Vai/Charvel history that well.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

That is the Charvel that was loaned to Steve Vai by Grover Jackson. It later became The Green Meanie.

Comment

deleted redundant post

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
          Just wanted to share this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierC-...elated&search= They show it much better for the solo. Enjoy
          Warning: Graham Bonnet singing (yelling) so giving a heads up.
          easy there, that's one of my favorite singers you're talking about
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Saw him on that tour with Alcatrazz, he ripped it up.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Is that an Alcatrazz Malmsteen-era tune? Sounded like Vai was burning some YJM licks in there.

Comment

My understanding is that YJM used Alcatrazz (and Steeler) to get his foot in the door of the amrican market. Recorded the album, got his props since at the time his shit was unheard off and he then bailed out before they went on tour and Graham Bonnet rented Steve to play the part.

Once he got his cash he brought his cronies from Europe to start the YJM thing.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

People can say what they will about Vai.. A little excentric and zen-like maybe.. Regardless, he filled in for Malmsteen in Alcatrazz, and when he got the gig with DLR he had to know people would be comparing him to Van Halen. I may be more of a Satriani fan but Vai earned his reputation the hard way. Respect for that!
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Fret dots are somewhat wider than typical Charvels of that era aren't they. At around 2:42 you can see them well. More like 60's strat width

Comment

I love Vai in the DLR days. He inspired me and made me understand that I realy did suck at the guitar and had been fooling myself that I could play. I got realy serious in the summer of 1986 after seeing the Yankee Rose vid. Still tryin to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                        easy there, that's one of my favorite singers you're talking about
                        Graham Bonnet is sooooooooooooo bad.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Graham just appears like a guy who showed up for Karaoke night.....and kicke
                          d ass.
                          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                            Graham just appears like a guy who showed up for Karaoke night.....and kicke
                            d ass.
                            True that, looks like he just finished a day at the office in meetings:ROTF:
                            Great voice.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              Graham Bonnet is sooooooooooooo bad.
                              it's good that we have the freedom to express our opinions, isn't it.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X