Neal's Music B/Y EVH????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neal's Music B/Y EVH????

Did a search and found nothing on this thread about this guitar. Anyone know anything about this Guitar. Legit? Would I have to Mortgage my home to afford it?

If that is the real deal.
    It may be worth the $25k asked for the FMIC thing....
    Wassup with the D string tuner?
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I seem to remember that eddie's black / yellow had a clear pickup?

Comment

Did Eddie have more than 1 of those B/Ys? Because I read that he actually buried the B/Y with Dimebag.

Comment

Well if this was made in '82, it's obviously not the one on VH II that was buried w/Dime. He must have just ordered one from Charvel.
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Neal's Music Gravedigging Services?

Comment

Anyone know the story on this one?
              Damn sweet guitar, imagine its close to the price (or more if its legit) than the Frankenstrats???
              That sure would be a sweet strat head to own wouldnt it??

Comment

Me wants -- BAD

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                  Neal's Music Gravedigging Services?
                  Exactly what I was thinking.

Although I still suspect Dime was actually buried with a B&Y EVH Art Series Charvel, not the original. IMHO, more likely a miscommunication / misinformation / misidentification that it was the "original".
                  Last edited by shreddermon; 07-13-2007, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Exactly what I was thinking.

Although I still suspect Dime was actually buried with a B&Y EVH Art Series Charvel, not the original. IMHO, more likely a miscommunication / misinformation / misidentification that it was the "original".
                    Really? On the video about the EVH Frankensteins he stated that he put the original in Dime's coffin. You think he was fibbin? (not challenging you, just axin)
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Didn't know that, Tekky. Interesting - I'll have to find it and watch. He would certainly know. ..errr, or one who hope he would.

Actually, that's pretty much why I had suspected it wasn't the original, BTW. No-one had seemed to confirm that it was was "the one". And, to the best of my knowledge, Ed himself had never said so previously, either.

It seemed like everyone had just "assumed" it was the original, and the people who had seen or talked about it (Zakk, Dime's brother, etc) probably wouldn't have known the original from the recent line, anyway. Especially if they had only caught a fleeting glimpse of the guitar going into the grave with Dime.

Not doubting that Ed would do such a cool gesture - just have doubts about whether what really happened is what people thought had happened. ...Know what I mean?

Comment

It was on the CD that came with Guitar World where they announced it. I'll try to find it this weekend and see if I can post it somewhere for ya.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                          Really? On the video about the EVH Frankensteins he stated that he put the original in Dime's coffin. You think he was fibbin? (not challenging you, just axin)
                          Checkthe website....I don't know if this is THE VH II guitar (I don't think so?) but the website claims that this was the guitar he played on the Entertaiment Tonight Interview with Valerie. Check a little more than halfway through the interview http://www.nealsvintage.com/other_rare.html Click on the pic of Ed and the guitar.

Comment

If you look Verry closely @ the invoice in pic it says 1 of 3???? IIRC Neil wants 150K for this guitar and it is pictured in an entertainment tonight clip from 82. These are serialized guitars on the invoice, plus the B/Yprepro 79 W/Boogie bodies neck and possibly a wider striped prepro?

Comment

Charvel guitars were going to produce a limited-edition series of guitars bearing Van Halen's trademark tape-striping. Van Halen himself would be individually taping each guitar and they would also come with a picture of him doing so and a certificate of authenticity. According to Eddie, Darrell called him on the phone and asked if he could purchase one before they became available. Eddie replied that the next time he saw Darrell, he would have one of the guitars with him and would stripe it in Darrell's presence as a gift. Before they could meet again, Darrell was murdered. Eddie recounted this story when he spoke at Darrell's funeral, then to the surprise of those in attendance, he brought out the black and yellow tape-striped guitar seen on the back cover of Van Halen II (which Darrell had said was his favorite guitar of Eddie's) and laid it in Darrell's casket to be buried with him.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X