No more USA Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more USA Charvels?

I am being told that the CS is limiting the # of orders they take and once they reach that # no more quotes or orders. Has anyone else heard this? This could explain the reason I can't get a CS quote from various dealers. The quote I did get back was $400.00 more then that of just 4 months ago.

That sounds more to me (If its true) they're keeping a limit on the number of work orders so they don't get over loaded with them and so they can improve QC. They could also be catching up on orders.

Comment

Some dealers may also say that kind of thing to people who waste their (and the custom shop's) valuable time by repeatedly requesting price quotes for guitar orders that they don't follow through on and/or constantly change. ...Could that be the case here?

Comment

It will be a damned shame if that is true.
        Nothing surprises me anymore in corporate America, but a more assinine thing will be hard to find.
        Dealers.... what do you know?
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

No! I just want to order a guitar and I am currently waiting 9 months on another CS Charvel and was just told it is in Paint. So where does that put the delivery date?

Comment

Ask here...

Comment

That is funny.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Well maybe they are getting their shit together, cause my turnaround was 30days.They may be catching up or hiring new builders or revamping.Whatever the case. . .
                The CS is like Area 51, they dont want you to know. Id buy a MIM Charvel, its close. .been there for awhile, the MIM stuff sells great. Quality is pretty darn good too.Wouldnt be hard to retool there and make the Charvel bodies on the CNC machines. They could send down some builders from the USA CS to teach them how the Charvel line does it. I know they only spray Poly's there. . no nitro lacquer for some reason. Bla bla bla
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Maybe the introduction of Japanese Charvels has something to do with this?
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think you'll see MIM charvies before more MIJ.
                    It's more cost effective for them.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                      I think you'll see MIM charvies before more MIJ.
                      It's more cost effective for them.
                      I wouldn't say that. they have all the Jackson related things over in Japan. Since they've got those workers skilled in Jacksons, machines and tolls and the materials to build Jacksons, wouldn't it be easier to just built them there? And since they've introduced a MIJ one, I doubt we'll be seeing MIM ones. Not that I have anything against Mexican guitars, just my opinion. Either or though would be awesome.
                      Last edited by CharvelRocker; 07-31-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

No more USA Charvels?
                        Oh no what will we do?
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                          Some dealers may also say that kind of thing to people who waste their (and the custom shop's) valuable time by repeatedly requesting price quotes for guitar orders that they don't follow through on and/or constantly change. ...Could that be the case here?
                          This is where JCMI needs to work on their website more. If they put a generator on their site that calculates an estimate based upon the features, they could not only automate parts of the order process but satisfy the tirekickers while not wasting a dealer's time. Also, if they kept track of the items that tirekickers are choosing, they could also use that info to introduce or upgrade production models.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Geez, it's 1986 all over again
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

eh...

Comment

Working...
                              X