What is this worth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this worth??

Its a 1995 Standard with a Flame Maple top. My estimation is about $450, maybe $500 with a Floyd.

What say you? Condition 8 of 10

Set your auction reserve and minimum bid at zero and you shall find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        +1

These don't get what people think they should.
        Yes, they are USA Charvels, but they are bastard children.

Set it at zero and let it ride.

Too many people have been trying to get $700 + for these only to see 0 bids despite repeated re-lists.
        -Rick

Comment

See ya in the Classifieds!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's worth taking the time to introduce yourself.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'll give you $20 + a twix candy bar for it.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                It's worth taking the time to introduce yourself.

Just did. Jackson USA Soloist thread

Comment

Didn't this just sell on ebay for $699?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
                    Didn't this just sell on ebay for $699?

Yup. LOL :ROTF:

Guess someone did not do their homework.

Comment

I bought the guitar and actually I did do my homework . These are excellent guitars .They weren't popular, why I don't know & don't really care . but the quality is there . The quality you won't find in a new charvel unless its a custom shop model .Some people judge the value of a guitar by what they can get for it on ebay . i admit I do the same on some guitars . This isn't one of those guitars .
                      I've been looking for a top quality san dimas with this pickup conf. for some time now . I don't want to pay custom shop prices . Todays mass produced charvies are a joke .I've looked @ a few and I wouldn't give you $500.00 for one much less $1500.00
                      I'm going to change the pickups ( I hate s.d. pickups ) and put a floyd rose on it and I'm good to go .
                      I'll have a custom shop quality guitar at a mass produced price . I think these were actually made in the custom shop . I belive this is a san dimas III . I know the san dimas IIIF were made in the custom shop . the difference being a floyd on the f series . The f series also had dimarzizo pickups on them .
                      Later

Comment

You're going to fuck that top up trying to put a Floyd on it.
                        The post spacing for a Wilkinson is not the same as a Floyd.

It's an SD III W btw.
                        There is no such thing as an SD III F.
                        The one with the real Floyd is the SD III.
                        And all of these were made in the Jackson custom shop in Ontario, although they are not considered CS pieces.

You really need to do more homework.
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                          You're going to fuck that top up trying to put a Floyd on it.
                          The post spacing for a Wilkinson is not the same as a Floyd.

It's an SD III W btw.
                          There is no such thing as an SD III F.
                          The one with the real Floyd is the SD III.
                          And all of these were made in the Jackson custom shop in Ontario, although they are not considered CS pieces.

You really need to do more homework.
                          +1. And adding a Floyd to that will destroy what value (and the cool looking top) it has.

Some people judge the value of a guitar by what they can get for it on ebay . i admit I do the same on some guitars . This isn't one of those guitars .
                          Sorry dude, but value is what someone is willing to pay for something at a given time. And ebay is pretty good for seeing what someone will pay for something right now. There is personal value, but thats not worth a dime.

Todays mass produced charvies are a joke .I've looked @ a few and I wouldn't give you $500.00 for one much less $1500.00
                          They are hardly mass produced, and no more so then what you've got now. And if someone said "Heres a brand spankin new CS Charvel for $500" you would buy it like everyone else on this board.

Comment

Here...

Some retard thinks his SD III is worth $500 over original retail price! :ROTF:
                            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by splatter View Post
                              I bought the guitar and actually I did do my homework . These are excellent guitars .They weren't popular, why I don't know & don't really care . but the quality is there . The quality you won't find in a new charvel unless its a custom shop model .Some people judge the value of a guitar by what they can get for it on ebay . i admit I do the same on some guitars . This isn't one of those guitars .
                              I've been looking for a top quality san dimas with this pickup conf. for some time now . I don't want to pay custom shop prices . Todays mass produced charvies are a joke .I've looked @ a few and I wouldn't give you $500.00 for one much less $1500.00
                              I'm going to change the pickups ( I hate s.d. pickups ) and put a floyd rose on it and I'm good to go .
                              I'll have a custom shop quality guitar at a mass produced price . I think these were actually made in the custom shop . I belive this is a san dimas III . I know the san dimas IIIF were made in the custom shop . the difference being a floyd on the f series . The f series also had dimarzizo pickups on them .
                              Later
                              Not wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X