Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conceptual Discussion - Why is this NOT a Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great PC1 shreddermon,
    I would say that most of the features were off of current Jackson specs.
    Dinky body shape, 24 fret neck, quilted maple top, HSS pickups, sustainer this all says Jackson to me. I remeber in 86 or 87 Grover was quoted as sending a white import Charvel to Phil to take a look at and try out. I remember seeing a picture of this guitar some were in a magazine. I don't know if Charvel didn't stop production who knows what the current guitars would look like.

Comment

I think the evolution of the Charvel might have gone into exotic woods/tops (similiar to the PC-1) as graphics fell out of favor...EVH, Reb, and others got into quilts and PRS type guitars for a while...

Comment

I always thought of your classic USA Charvel being a rather simpler guitar with a 22 fret bolt on neck, Floyd Rose A humbucker at the bridge, and maybe another pickup. To me they didn't have really flashy or exotic finishes or wood. And that guitar there is almost the opposite of that ideal, with the only thing (imo) being USA Charvel about it is the headstock.

Comment

I have to add, that my PC-1 sure "Feels" just like the EVH models...
          neck and such are very close imo. The regular Charvel necks are
          thinner than the PC-1 and imo very close to what EVH liked...that
          vintage strat fat neck. But i can see where this could easily have
          been a Charvel instead of a Jackson. Great thread!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            24 frets and a Dinky body are more Jackson-like features, imo. Yeah, you could order a Charvel with those features, but how many do you see? I also think of the mid-90s reissues more as Jacksons with a Charvel logo.
            I would agree with that. Also, to me anyway, the lack of a "skunk" stripe and inlays is significant (and its significant to fender as well as it is my understanding they will not make a PC with either ).

However, I also think that many guitars are available to the general specifications (bolt on, HSS maple, etc.)m including guitars made by fender with the fender badge. You will not find too many people willing to call those charvels.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
            X