Do all the New Charvels have....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all the New Charvels have....?

Do "all" the new Charvel have that "HUGE" Frikken neck pocket that you can stick a CD into? Like the 70's strats were famous for. Or did just a few slip through the CRAPPY QC?

No Gaps here:

Mine has no such flaw, super tight,not even a piece of paper can fit.See for yourself.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Seems to be hit of miss from what I can see with varying degrees of gap. I have 2 new pointies and one of them only has a small gap on one side close to the pocket base (it is hard to describe, but essentially it is not gapped at the leading edge but does form a gap at the base, so someone was a little sloppy with the router). The other is noticably gapped on either side.

I have heard varies explations and comments onthis issue, ranging from "disgracful" to "what are you complaining about that is a great guitar screw counter". One theory that did make sence to me was that the factory was having neck pocket paint/finish problems as well as string allignment issues and to fix that, they oversized the pockets alittle????

My only issue is that for the money they want for these, they should be perfect out of the gate. If they want slack, they should drop the price by a grand. Simple as that.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Yep....I've seen some bad ones posted on the forums.

Both new Charvels I own (2005 pointy & 2007 Music Zoo koa strathead) have perfect tight neck pockets.

Comment

So, is it fair to say that "Most" Charvel lovers, know about the problem with the NASTY STICK A CD in the GAP issue.

Comment

Well you cant stick a piece of paper in this neck pocket! Custom Shop
            Eldred. Tight!

Comment

For the price they should be perfect.

But other than for the eye sore so to speek, as long as the neck is solidly bolted you will get all of the resinance you need. Plus hasn't Charvel had this issue since the late 70's.
              Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
                Yep....I've seen some bad ones posted on the forums.

Both new Charvels I own (2005 pointy & 2007 Music Zoo koa strathead) have perfect tight neck pockets.

I have seen some posted that make you say WTF, but my three Music Zoo stratheads are PERFECT. Not sure if I just got lucky, or if Tommy puts his foot down when it comes to quality control. I do know that all of mine are from the first run of MZ / Charvel stratheads, but I have heard nothing but great things about the later runs also.

Comment

My C/S strat head Redrum has no such flaw either.

Comment

Working...
                  X