X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight over this....

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
      How about the fact the EVH has NEVER played a neckthru?
      Yeah, like everything he did - he took this actual real deal 59' Les Paul, cut the neck off and turned it into a bolt on

Oh yeah, looks like he stuffed the neck pup he took out in his pants....

Steve E

Comment

Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
          then there is the Dimebag thing, but that is not under his control, but has anybody noticed that just like Kurt "Cocaine," the public don't give a damn 'til he's dead? (Kurt sucked, I just used him as an example)
          Everyone who knows anything about great heavy guitar playing knew that Dime was a phenomenal talent. His death didn't make him a better player. It may have made a few people realize that the old cliché is true...you don't know what you have until it's gone.
          As for the general public...I haven't seen much about Dime's killing and I don't think any change will come from it either.

The money grubbing B.S. does suck though...Eddie Van Halen's the worst for that. Especially when he tries to push the image that he's just all about music. It's enough to make you puke.
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
            Everyone who knows anything about great heavy guitar playing knew that Dime was a phenomenal talent. His death didn't make him a better player. It may have made a few people realize that the old cliché is true...you don't know what you have until it's gone.
            As for the general public...I haven't seen much about Dime's killing and I don't think any change will come from it either.

The money grubbing B.S. does suck though...Eddie Van Halen's the worst for that. Especially when he tries to push the image that he's just all about music. It's enough to make you puke.
            oh I know that Dime was badass, I used be a HUGE Pantera fan, but slowly faded into Hair Metal, but always had a softpot for Pantera, great band.

and I know what you mean about Ed's "music" bullshit. (no Im not calling VH music "bullshit", I am saying that him saying he is all about the music is bullshit)
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
              Wow, that white on black one is great!
              I did it first :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                How about the fact the EVH has NEVER played a neckthru?
                Look, I don't want to get into a pissing match over something as insignificant as an optical anomoly on a guitar that none of us has seen in person. In the picture it kinda looks like a neck-thru. The glare of the light is obscuring the neck/body joint. OK? I fully admit - My eyes have been deceived.

Now, how can you be so certain that Ed has, as you say, "NEVER played a neckthru"? Ed has always maintained that he is a "Tone Chaser". Why wouldn't his exploits in that realm lead him down the path of neck-thru construction?
                Occupy JCF

Comment

As long as he´s healty and playing like himself again then i am happy.

And if i could sell guitars that i painted myself for several grands then i sure as hell would.
                  Last edited by rocksoldier; 10-09-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

EVH is money grubbing? The rotten, no good, capitalist son of a bitch is one hell of a smart business man and I admire him for it. Think for a moment how many lame products this "money grubber" has put out? The Music Man guitar is fantastic, the Wolfgang is incredible, the Art Series Charvels are amazing, his MXR gear is great and I don't even need to mention how killer the 5150 series is.

I'd respect your beefs if he was putting his name on shit, but that just is not the case.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                      EVH is money grubbing? The rotten, no good, capitalist son of a bitch is one hell of a smart business man and I admire him for it. Think for a moment how many lame products this "money grubber" has put out? The Music Man guitar is fantastic, the Wolfgang is incredible, the Art Series Charvels are amazing, his MXR gear is great and I don't even need to mention how killer the 5150 series is.

I'd respect your beefs if he was putting his name on shit, but that just is not the case.
                      +1

Just play a 5150III .................... Even blitz out of his mind he turned out a great product.
                      Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

A big part of what makes Eddie Eddie is the fact that in addition to being a monster influence on so many players he has also been a monster innovator. I don't want to start an argument about what his contribution was/wasn't to the Floyd Rose. Sufficient to say he had SOMETHING to do with it.

D-Tuna, Flanger, 5150, etc etc etc- Instead of just picking up his tool and going to work, he made the tools better, and in some cases had a hand in creating all new tools himself. The mark of a genius? I don't know.

I do know that one of the things that amazes me about Da Vinci, Ben Franklin, Isaac Newton, is the fact that they didn't do just ONE THING great. Da Vinci was so much more than a painter. Franklin, more than a guy that flew a kite. Newton, more than just a physicist.

I am not comparing EVH to those men. I bring them up only to illustrate a point. A savant in one area is notable enough. A savant with the ability to step out of their craft & create in another is something that can only be called profound. Maybe even great.

So there you go. I'm not a huge Van Halen fan, but I do like them and respect them. I have no interest in Eddie's personal life, other than to say it's a shame that he may have lost some years there, the same way I'd be sad if a great athlete cut his career short with injuries, or if someone put a knife through a Monet. It's a shame to see a rare, beautiful thing get damaged, and that's it.

As far as him making money off his inventions/playing/innovations/persona/history, please, spare me. It's like fans of sports stars crying because they go for the big payday. Eddie has a chance to make sure that the Van Halen family never, ever wants for anything. For generations to come. He's supposed to NOT do this because someone somewhere might think he's selling out?

Let me ask you this, sports fans: Think about Alex Rodriguez. Overpaid a-hole, right? Pick your sport, pick your team. Find a kid who came up and was absolutely electric & obviously had an amazing career in front of him who ended up blowing his knee, tearing something, whatever, and ended up never making it, never getting that big contract.

You cut him a check lately? Stopped by to see how his kids are doing? Maybe floated him a car payment?

I hope I'm not coming off as confrontational. Please think about all the great "heroes" we all have. Randy? I'd venture a guess nobody sent Delores a check recently. Oh sure, maybe from buying a RR or an early Ozzy album, or a t shirt. Same for Dime.

But just sent them a check, for nothing? "Hey, loved your kid. Hope you and his kids are doing ok". Yeah, me neither.

Does that make us bad people? Of course not. But you can't have it both ways- Don't say, "I am not responsible for providing for them after their famous father/brother/son/husband is gone" and then try to tell them that they aren't allowed to find some way to make sure that their family is taken care of for a very long time. This is a once in a thousand lifetime opportunity for them to make sure everyone's taken care of, not the least of which themselves. They're supposed to say, "nah, fans might not like it"?

Where are the fans when the music stops (ok that was corny)?

Eddie knows this, A-Rod knows this. Anybody that doesn't know it and is in their position better learn it quick.

Vass

Comment

Working...
                        X