Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish List

If Charvel suddenly changed their way of thinking and started putting production guitars back in stores, what would you like to see? Put aside your opinion about their pricing. Except for wild one off custom shop graphic stuff, what guitars do you think would sell and put Charvel back on the map?

I'm not day dreaming or having a flash back. I'm interested in your opinions.

For me, it would be trans finishes and all maple strathead necks.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

I have a biased view. I'd like to see ANYTHING lefty.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Easy. Reissue the model series of guitars, esp. 86-88 (for me, anyway).

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Reissueing the Model Series honestly would be a great thing for the brand, but If it comes to US models, screw the "hand-built" shit, get a butt-load of CNC's going and Pump out the production axes, that's how Fender does it
        Out Of Ideas

Comment

For me, it would be trans finishes and all maple strathead necks.[/quote]

I'd like to see that as well, and I don't care where they're made. Just make some affordable stratheads that look cool.

Comment

Reasonably priced ($1,600-ish street price, give or take) solid color plain-jane stratheads. Floyds only, H-S and H-H, maple and ebony fretboards. Maybe later offer a flametop upgrade for an extra $150.

Comment

If PRS can offer a 100% USA built guitar for $1500.00 street price, you'd think JCMI can also.
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                If PRS can offer a 100% USA built guitar for $1500.00 street price, you'd think JCMI can also.
                I was just thinking the same thing.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                  Refresh my memeory... Didn't they do that about a year ago? Guess they didn't sell enough of them.

Comment

Definitely USA production floyd'd stratheads for around 1500 or so. Plus reissuing the Holdsworth (original and Floyd'd) and other artist guitars like the Jake etc (just dreaming, but this is a wish list right?)....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I don't want to see production USA Charvels. I think it was a bad idea and just needlessly slowed custom & dealer run turnaround times, especially when they built all those v-trem guitars that (almost) nobody wanted. What a ridiculous waste of the shop's limited man-hours that was.

All I want to see is reasonably priced customs and limited runs with fewer BS restrictions and solid QC. That's it. I bought two limited run axes, and I like them both, but I can't help but feel I got lucky after seeing what some others have gone through. I'd like to buy more one day, but only if the price isn't stupid and they show they can do at least 9 out of 10 (99 out of 100 would be more like it) without some kind of QC fiasco. Not too much to ask, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                        I may be in the minority, but I don't want to see production USA Charvels.
                        +1. Sorry if I seem like I'm flip-flopping but, when I read "production" Charvels, I took that to mean dealer-ordered customs for stock. Just like in the old days. i.e., When everything was "custom", even the stuff dealers ordered on their own for stock.

But, unfortuanely, that's a total pipe dream at current pricing and with Charvel's relatively small fan base.

Comment

Single hum & 2 hum pointies, maple/maple, maple/rosewood, maple/ebony and a KAHLER!!

Comment

Bring back the reverse strat head and pointy's then I would be happy

Comment

A Charvel "Gunslinger". Basic no-frills 1-hum and Floyd, maple board Strathead. Plain colours, maybe just white or black - a good base for a "DIY" custom job. Hell, make them in Mexico or the Far East, so long as they've got that neck feel. That way us impoverished types can afford a Charvel Strathead too!

I know I'd buy one...

Comment

Working...
                              X