25th Anniv Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th Anniv Charvels

What do you guys say? I know there have been some mixed emotions on these, what do you owners say? I absolutley love my pointys (I have a bullseye and a Dweezil), how does the neck shape differ? What else can you guys say about them.?Is the trem useable? Every vintage trem I've owned has been crap. Questions, comments, discussion?

john

Not sure...next time I go to the Guitar Center I'll head over to the Jackson/Charvel USA Custom Shop room and check one out!

Comment

I used to own the chlorine Charvel 25th. It was a very bright sounding guitar, and no, the trem never stayed in tune particularly well. It wasn't awful, but it could only handle really gentle use. I don't recall the neck profile particularly, but the general vibe was that it felt more like a CS Fender than a Charvel...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I love mine. The neck shape is the same as my 86 San Dimas and FWIW Mine is the Red 25th. I put a contour gage up against both and the neck shapes were almost identical ..it's one of my favorite guitars to play..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'd like to see a photo of the chlorine version. I had no idea that the amber burst wasn't the only flavor of it.

Comment

Comment

The chlorine version is visually very appealing.

I will second the sentiment that it felt more like a CS fender than any SD charvel that I have played (and I own several SD s-heads from different years and have played a crap load more).
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

hmmmmmm. Thanks so far. The neck shape is a concern for me. I really dig the shape of my pointys. Also, these are bright?

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post

Oh...my...GOD!

That is very nice...

Comment

I think the blue looks way better than the other two colors.
                    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Agreed. I think it's amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by thenine View Post
                        hmmmmmm. Thanks so far. The neck shape is a concern for me. I really dig the shape of my pointys. Also, these are bright?
                        The neck profile isn't like a pointy Charvel. Mine certainly sounded pretty bright as I recall - not shrill (quite) but still thinner and brighter than I would choose.

And yeah, the blue one was beautiful looking guitar - those pics show the body well, but just don't capture how much birdseye that neck had. I just didn't bond with it and wanted to off-load it before the prices dived....

Comment

Always loved that blue one! Wasn't that the only blue 25th made?
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I always liked Kev's red one. I had one of the regular ones - really great guitar.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's Tims old 25th on the left actually. My friend still has it Tim, he loves it. There were only 4 off colors 25ths made and only 3 of those are in circulation.

Red
                              Blue
                              Amber
                              Gold (Not in public circulation)

If you played an early 25th the neck shapes are different than the later ones. Mike admitted that he was trying to dial it in as he went. One of these days I will have to try and do scans of the neck shapes of my 25th and my 86. I don't find mine to be bright sounding at all, I wonder why the blue was because I think it was from the same lumber ..
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                              X