No announcement yet.

My new DeMartini blood drip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do let actually let the paint run down the guitar? I can't imagine that being sprayed. Can you "feel" the drips? Curious about doing this to a model 2 I just bought. Thanks

Comment

Sadly a lot of these guys don't post all that often. But as you guessed they are actual drips, not individually painted drips.

If you shoot enough clear you can cover just about anything. On these you can't feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by outlawten5 View Post
        Do let actually let the paint run down the guitar? I can't imagine that being sprayed. Can you "feel" the drips? Curious about doing this to a model 2 I just bought. Thanks
        You are correct, they are actually dripped with paint and then let it run down the front and back. Some also have a little splatter to them also. Here's a couple pics from the Performance website when Warren actually painted the drips for their limited run years ago. A clear coat is applied on top of the drips. Once it is buffed you do not feel any of the drips. It is a smooth surface. I think there have been a couple guys here who have painted their own blood drip graphics. Maybe they will chime in on the process a little more.

Comment

Very cool. I think I'll wet sand the entire guitar first. Add the drips, wet sand again then clear. Thanks for the reply's and pics.

Comment

I did my own blood drip recently and purposely didn't clear. I like the authenticity and realism.

Comment

Comment

I did my own as well and put just a few coats of clear to seal it. You can feel the blood a little. I call my the Wife Beater. My wife loves it. At least that's the story I keep telling.

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

It has seen a few upgrades over the years too.

Comment

Wife beater. Fukin classic.

Comment

I call mine "Blood Bath".

Comment

I like the Bengal stripes on that sunburst too

Comment

Napalm, Can you tell me the process you used? What paint and what shade? That's exactly what I want to achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by outlawten5 View Post
                            Napalm, Can you tell me the process you used? What paint and what shade? That's exactly what I want to achieve.
                            I used the Stew Mac stuff.

I did the base coat in black with the Preval sprayers and then took a small shampoo bottle with a flip-out-spout and mixed the red. Seems like I used a lot of pigment to make the red stand out once I dripped it on the black. I had the body mounted to a metal pole and put that into a vise/jig so I could rotate it.

Comment

Thanks. Shampoo bottle is a good tip. And the red stands out really nice. Appreciate it.

Comment

i like what i see , i wanna see better pics of the bengal , please the headstock looks really well , its a cool one , more pics would be cool , see ya , alz / 2015 \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X