Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think I got a good deal on these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think I got a good deal on these?

Finally I can post in the USA Charvel section! Always have had the Model Series, but I recently bought 2 '05 San Dimas Str*ts from my local GC. I normally would not buy any higher end guitars there, but these 2 Charvels had been sitting in there for the last 2 years. Here in Austin, there is not much interest in these guitars. They were both marked at $1799, and I never would have paid that. But after talking to one of the guys who gives me pretty good deals, he mentioned that they needed to blow these out to make room for something that would sell. Long story short, I got a Copperhead Snakeskin, 2hum, Floyd for $869. And I got a Red Ghost Flames 2hum, Floyd for $927. I was told that they lost money on these, but I don't know if this is true. Both of them have a couple of very tiny, I mean tiny little dings, but other than that they are brand new. I'm surprised they are not hammered after sitting there for so long, but that shows how little interest there is...I guess they were rarely played. So...did I do well or not? Sorry, I have no way to load any pics, which sucks! They play amazing...never thought I'd like a neck better than the Model Series, but these are even nicer to my hands.
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

I would say you got a good deal. I own several Charvel Standard Series. 2 came from Guitar Center and both were more then those. Cases ?

Comment

Comment

Actually, on the Copperhead, the initial markdown price was $999, and that included the case and candy. However, when I got home and looked at the receipt, I saw that the guitar was $869, and they had charged me $130 for the case. Call me a tightwad, but I am not paying $130 for any case, especially when I have a bunch of hardshell strat cases already. So I took the case back and got refunded the $130. Put that towards the Red Ghost Flame one, and told them I did not want the case if they were going to charge me extra for it. I still got all the case candy. I have some G&G cases that fit them perfectly.
        Dana <~~~
        '85 Rhoads Custom
        '86 SD Str*t
        '86 Model 4 (5)
        '87 Model 1
        '87 Model 6
        '88 Model 3DR
        '90 650 XL
        '94 KE-3
        '97 DR Amberburst
        '97 Dinky BOFlames
        '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
          I know man....sorry about that! LOL!
          Dana <~~~
          '85 Rhoads Custom
          '86 SD Str*t
          '86 Model 4 (5)
          '87 Model 1
          '87 Model 6
          '88 Model 3DR
          '90 650 XL
          '94 KE-3
          '97 DR Amberburst
          '97 Dinky BOFlames
          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I would say you got a great deal. I just paid $900 for a used red ghost flame, one hum, v trem charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              I would say you got a great deal. I just paid $900 for a used red ghost flame, one hum, v trem charvel.
              Yes...I saw your thread on that, and that is very cool axe as well. Congrats on that one!
              Dana <~~~
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

You got good deals.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I'm coming over to Austin! Any other great deals to be found? Nice grab(s) Maybe I can go to Fullers in Houston and get a good deal if I promise to dust off all the J/C's for them
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I always wanted the dual hum Copperhead. I think you did great.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me. Now lets see those pics!

Comment

Sounds like a great deal to me. Too bad the dealers who sell online (I won't name any names) won't give blowout deals like that.
                        Last edited by Axewielder; 02-15-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

thats the same deal my gc had when they blew them out, i check out those guitars and they were really nice.

Comment

You've got six '86 Model 4 guitars?
                            My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

You did great! You got two guitars with great graphics for close to what plain janes have been going for. There's been a copperhead sitting in a store here since Summer of '05, still listed at over $2k last time I looked. I may have to see if I can swing a deal on it, or at least leave them an offer & my # for when they start to see the light.

Comment

Working...
                              X