No announcement yet.

Custom Shop Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracy you could have really blown people away getting a full-sized humbucker in the neck and a tele pickup in the bridge!!!

Love the push-pull. Great guitar!

Bret

P.S. - I had no idea George was a member here...too cool!
    www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Originally posted by slo100 View Post
      Tracy you could have really blown people away getting a full-sized humbucker in the neck and a tele pickup in the bridge!!!
      Funny, I actually was thinking a P-90 in the neck ...that would have sounded great! Not that it doesn't now...oh crap, I'm rambling again....sorry Trace...I'll shut up now
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
        Some of you may have already seen this one but for those who have not here she is. From placing the order to delivery, it took 3 days shy of 1 year!

A few progress pics

and the final product

and the inspiration
        Originally posted by HiOctane View Post
        First off, a killer Charvel Tele! Perfect.

I had to respond to Ralph's comment and share the story of this guitar as I own it.

It is actually a USA Charvel tele that was re-logoed (still has the original Charvel neckplate) when Alex Masi got his Jackson endorsement. About 10 years ago, a friend found it at a pawn shop in L.A. with a broken headstock and grabbed it for me. We both recognized it from the short article and black and white picture of Alex with the guitar featured in Guitar World many years ago.

Another good friend (Dave Lautner, who just happens to be a world-class luthier) did a killer repair and re-fret, and the guitar was back in action.

It has an added Floyd and it looks like someone put the back of the guitar on a bandsaw to cut a contour. Lots of general wear and tear from being used, but it sounds and plays great!
        It has a very small neck (thin profile and 1 5/8 inch nut width) and actually caused me to change over to this type of neck for playability. The photo is a bit washed out, but it's a metallic cream color with black binding on the body and a rosewood board.

I have been using the guitar for many years in my band Aftershok for gigs and recording.

Various live photos (and music!):

www.aftershok.com
        www.myspace.com/georgemm
        www.myspace.com/aftershok
        All are fantastic looking tele's now I am starting to get GAS.

Comment

Originally posted by slo100 View Post

Love the push-pull. Great guitar!

Bret
          thanks Bret and stay tuned I have several other custom shop orders in the queue, including a Tele with a neck hum!
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
          X