1983 Charvel 'Blitzkrieg' V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Charvel 'Blitzkrieg' V

Built in 1983 for Eric von Theumer of Blitzkrieg who was at that time a Charvel/Jackson employee. This was the first custom guitar he built for himself.

Original Floyd, and Prototype non Floyd-spaced Jackson J90 humbucker that was added in 1985.

Matching reverse head and VERY unusual 1 7/8" width at the nut, like a classical acoustic. Rather odd looking with the R2 Floyd nut used!! If I recall correctly, R2's were the only nut width Floyd offered at the time. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here...but I can't think of another reason to use this nut on this neck.

Thin lacquer finish is heavily yellowed and has a few cracks here & there.

Schaller tuners and finished Flamed maple neck with ebony skunk stripe!

Followed shortly after by RR0150, his Red & white Jackson Rhoads (this guitar was previously posted in the 'Show me your V's thread) which was being built at the same time but took much longer to complete. Obviously he had a thing for Red/White guitars!!
    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 03-22-2008, 03:57 PM.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

The headstock on the V looks odd to me, but nice pair you have there. Can you see the first one form space, I think it's bright enough!
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Very cool stuff Curt - what else have you got lurking in your guitar stash that I don't know about?
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Holy s**t that roundhorn is sweet. Odd - yet somehow cool - to see a strathead on a V. That dude had some cool tastes.

Comment

Cool. I thought Blitzkrieg was a British band that did the song Blitzkrieg that Metallica covered.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

holy cow! the jackson looks way better tho...

funnily enough i was listening to the record earlier!! i do dig it...
            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 03-22-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Very cool stuff Curt - what else have you got lurking in your guitar stash that I don't know about?
              yeah, do fill us in Curt.. and do share them with others

Comment

Originally posted by pebber View Post
                yeah, do fill us in Curt.. and do share them with others
                Who?What??Where???....I AM sharing them with others!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                  Who?What??Where???....I AM sharing them with others!!
                  Indeed he is, I'm just on the wrong side of the coin at this point -

As always, my friend, thanks for sharing -
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

that nut defeats the purpose of the wide neck ...looks odd for sure.
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                      definitely a preference thing and not the first time I've seen that- there are some odd ducks out there but play amazingly...
                      Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                        Not if he was looking for wider range in his vibrato. Put a wide neck on by a narrower nut and you don't have to worry about running off the edge of the neck. Or maybe I put too much thought into these things

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          Not if he was looking for wider range in his vibrato. Put a wide neck on by a narrower nut and you don't have to worry about running off the edge of the neck. Or maybe I put too much thought into these things
                          I'll know the answer WHY 1& 7/8ths?? ... shortly...I' just emailed him about it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                            Or maybe I put too much thought into these things

well what else are you going to think about in amish paradise?
                            Dave ->

Comment

Most all J-90C pickups are standard spaced nothing odd there.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X