No announcement yet.

USA charvel neck - fit a warmoth body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA charvel neck - fit a warmoth body?

I'm not digging the tone of my Charvel natural mahogany. Too heavy on the lows, I guess that I only like mahogany thin bodies... not a full size strat body. So I want to switch the body for a different one and install the neck (which is AWESOME) and hardware into this new one. Does a USA Charvel neck fit into any body? Like a swamp ash Warmoth body?

No, the Charvel neck is to wide.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

1/16" too wide is fine. I'll route the body when it gets here.

Comment

The MZ Naturals, I've found and have, have 2-1/8" wide or a little over heels on the necks. The neck will fit but you made need spacers or live with the gap. The MZ Naturals were made to old spec. 2-1/8" (narrower old school dimensions). If it's any wider (2-3/16- 2-1/4"), then the Charvel old school applies with varying heel widths as they did back in the day. Measuring your heel with a ruler or caliper will tell you if you have a fit.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Try a brighter pickup?
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
            Try a brighter pickup?
            Its a Bareknuckle Nailbomb, which has absolutely slayed in every other guitar I have put it in or heard it in. The Charvel sounds almost like a Les Paul Vintage Mahogany (the ones without a maple top). Just too bassy. Plus, it weighs a ton.. picking it up after the nice svelte SLSMG or S7320 is a little offputting

Comment

I got lucky my MZ Mah only weighs 7.4lbs very light and super resonant with a lot of pop. I did find that the neck on the first one was more to my liking with a profile much like my pointies. The second neck is much thicker at the nut I had one from the first batch that was a toad 10.2lbs of dead tone. I sent it back and waited for a light one. It took 6 months.

Comment

Id try a differant pup. That one might sound great in other guitars. But this combo obviously isnt working for ya. Try something less bassy. And maybe less gain too. Sometign with a flat or scooped mids and an enhanced high end would probably be the one to try. Which ever that may be. Maybe a Super D? Or a Super III? Or a Duncan Custom.
                Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                  Id try a differant pup. That one might sound great in other guitars. But this combo obviously isnt working for ya. Try something less bassy. And maybe less gain too. Sometign with a flat or scooped mids and an enhanced high end would probably be the one to try. Which ever that may be. Maybe a Super D? Or a Super III? Or a Duncan Custom.
                  Gil
                  The Custom is what was in it when I got it. It had the same problem. The highs are definitely there, but the bottom end is big and unresponsive and out of proportion to the top end.
                  Less gain? Out of the question

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                    The Custom is what was in it when I got it. It had the same problem. The highs are definitely there, but the bottom end is big and unresponsive and out of proportion to the top end.
                    Less gain? Out of the question

I dunno.. It just seems to me that swapping the body for tone is kinda like swapping the motor in your car because it nees an oil change. I agree with the different pickup suggestion. I've got a San Dimas III reissue that solid mahogony with a Dimarzio Tone Zone in it that sounds really good. Nice highs, sweet lows, if that helps any.
                    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

This sounds like a job for the JB. I'm usually not a JB fan, but it may be just the thing to balance out this particular guitar. BTW, those MZ Mahogany runs came with a Custom 5, which sounds completely different from the Custom. I love the Custom, but the 5 is too scooped for me, at least in the guitars I've tried it in. So a Custom still may be a good choice. It's definitely more balanced than the Custom 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X