Model one modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model one modifications

So I've got a black Model 1. Stock other than an EMG 81.
    The frets are pretty worn, and I'm a bit bored with the look of the guitar.

What I want to do is swap out the neck for a Musikraft Strat head neck, (possibly a nice flamed maple) and install an original Floyd Rose. (I know I'll have to modify the guitar, but I'm not worried about that)

I'm wondering if I will have to angle the neck if I mount the Floyd flush against the body (no pullback)?

And can anybody tell me what neck shape from Musikraft is the most similar to the neck on my Model 1?

I'm sorry.....I just realized I posted this in the USA Charvel section....I clicked the wrong forum.

Comment

It would be a lot easier just selling the Model 1, finding a Model 2 body with the correct trem, and buying the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        It would be a lot easier just selling the Model 1, finding a Model 2 body with the correct trem, and buying the neck.
        I hear you, but I haven't been seeing any Model 2 bodies, and complete guitars seem to be going for 350+. The model 1 body I have is in practically mint condition, not a scratch on it.....and it's the color I want. I'd rather not have to paint a body if I don't have to.

Can someone move this to the import section?

Comment

Working...
        X